El Pais thinks the crazy pollution
Posted: 02 February 2008 07:32 PM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

El Pais thinks the crazy pollution levels we are experiencing in Madrid this week are responsible for skies like these. The government still optimistically blames Saharan dust and, against the risk of the entire city suffering collective asthmatic collapse, continues to tell us that under no circumstances should we attempt to take any physical exercise outdoors. Lovely. We are probably far better off in Madrid?s smoggy, smoke-filled bars.
About the bus: I once heard that the British are not allowed to donate blood in Spain as we are all potentially walking around full of Mad Cow Disease. Nice to know there?s still something in store if the Madrid air doesn?t polish us off first!

Photo: 6.30 pm in the Retiro Park

Posted: 04 February 2008 02:48 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2007-10-02

Hehe. Saharan dust… yeah that’s why it’s only over Madrid right? Way 2 go government.

Signature 

Rentals Estepona - Apartments, Townhouses and Villas for rent in Estepona.
Satellite Sotogrande - Satellite Installations in Sotogrande and the Costa del Sol.

Posted: 04 February 2008 10:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02
jurdyr - 02 February 2008 07:32 PM

About the bus: I once heard that the British are not allowed to donate blood in Spain as we are all potentially walking around full of Mad Cow Disease. Nice to know there?s still something in store if the Madrid air doesn?t polish us off first!

That’s right - really annoying, there’s nothing wrong with my blood! By the way it’s not just if you’re British - if you lived in England you’re in the same boat!

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com