Things to do in Torrevieja/Totana
Posted: 26 February 2008 08:58 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-02-23

Hi all,
    What things are there to do in Torrevieja/Totana and surrounding areas.  Im 21 and moving to Spain next week to start up a business with my Uncle.  I want to be able to meet people arround my age group.  If any one can suggest anything from paintballing to pubs/social clubs etc.

Is anyone in this area.

Signature 

MSC Insure number 1 for motor and house insurance for expats in Spain

Posted: 27 February 2008 06:42 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hi there,

Given the 2 locations you mention are around 100 kms apart and in different regions! I think you will find plenty to do. Check out the local papers when you get here for commercial ads, clubs, social groups etc.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 28 February 2008 06:07 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-23
ROBI - 27 February 2008 06:42 PM

Hi there,

Given the 2 locations you mention are around 100 kms apart and in different regions! I think you will find plenty to do. Check out the local papers when you get here for commercial ads, clubs, social groups etc.

Oops my bad, I got confused im moving to Totana.

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2008 07:14 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

hope this helps you ,

The town of Totana is situated in the south-east of the Iberian Peninsula. Its exact location is in the south-eastern quadrant of the province of Murcia and it covers an area of 287.67 square kilometres. Its boundary is rectangular shaped and inclines to the north-west and the south-east, with a narrow extension towards the centre on the eastern side. It borders on Lorca, Mazarron, Alhama de Murcia, Mula and Aledo.
Totana forms part of a region which has a dry Mediterranean climate with an average year-round temperature of 17.8?C. There are approximately 100 days a year when the temperature exceeds 30?C and only about 6 days a year when the temperature falls below 0?C.

The average annual rainfall is 321mm, although this varies greatly from year to year, as a period of dry years can be followed by several years of wet weather. Rainfall can be unexpected and often heavy, leading to floods. Autumn is usually when it rains most, whilst the summer is practically dry.

The average relative humidity is of the order of 64.2%. Winds are light to moderate, but strongest in spring and of least note in winter.

Totana enjoys almost 3,000 hours of sunshine per year which bestows upon the region a tremendous feeling of well-being and benefits both environmental and agricultural conditions, and although the latter is obviously limited by the lack of rainfall, this can be compensated for through effective irrigation.

Totana has a population of approximately 25,000 inhabitants, who live in the town centre and the eight outlying areas of Paret?n, Raiguero, L?bor, ?orica, Mort?, Huerta, Vi?as de L?bor and Sierra.

here a link to the area news http://www.totana.net/news.asp

jurdy

Posted: 29 February 2008 06:50 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-23

Thanks for the information, I will check out the news when I get a bit more time, just finishing packing and sorting the last few bits out.  Will be on my way tomorrow, yay

Thanks again for the information

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2008 10:40 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

MSCI keep the forum posted and if could fill us in how your getting on there
ha many see you for a drink so time there
jurdy

‹‹ DANCING SCHOOLS IN SPAIN      HOla! ››