Denying Residencia question
Posted: 05 March 2008 11:22 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-03-05

(EDIT: I may have posted this in the wrong section of SpainExpat but here it is)

Hello. I signed onto the forum today but have often visited.
Anyway, on to my question. I am in Spain looking at property to buy. In order to purchase a car and property I was advised I needed an NIE number. The gestoria I consulted completed paperwork which resulted in my being given a Residencia with NIE. My bank (SolBank) has advised me to deny the Residencia as all I need at the moment is the NIE and having the Residencia requires me to pay tax in Spain which I really don’t want to get involved with at the moment because I have not started earning any money here yet. Please can you advise me on how to deny the Residencia?

Posted: 06 March 2008 06:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-01-19

Hi
The best person to ask is the gestor you went to in the first place.
Cheers
Algrif

Posted: 08 March 2008 10:36 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Agreed, this is either a financial or legal issue (residencia).

It’s an interesting predicament. Please let us know how you sort this out as it sounds like the type of situation that others could stumble into as well.

Thanks!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 March 2008 11:54 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-03-05

Don’t worry. I will definitely be back to tell you how I get on.
I’ve picked up a lot of useful information from this forum over the past few months so I will be happy if I can return the favour.

Posted: 29 March 2008 01:48 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

when replying to here about Residencia would you please tell us where you from
jurdy