Hoping to move
Posted: 11 October 2006 10:08 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-10-09

Hi,
My family and I are hoping to move to around the Mijas area next year.
I have a 12 year old and 10 year old and am concerned about schooling for them.
We don’t want to have to use our carefully planned savings fund to pay for English schooling as I have already checked these out and they are expensive per term.
We are in the process of learning some spanish and wondered what the position is for a state school and how do we get them in.
Also which is best to do first ie. to secure school places or to move there and then think about schooling.
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Evos

Posted: 21 October 2006 01:54 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-10-11

Hi Evos

I am not yet an Expat but hoping to be one by this time next year.  I have the same quiestions as you and so far the advice that I have been given is to locate the school first.  I am also moving with my family to the mijas region.  You might want to check out the following link:

http://www.pineappletravel.netfirms.com/schoolsmalaga.html - it lists schools in the Andalicia region of Spain. 

Good Luck
Belinda

Posted: 04 January 2007 05:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-04

If you are moving to Spain I would like to make a suggestion for your consideration.

I have lived in Lliria, just to the north of the city of Valencia, with my wife for the last three years. It is a great place to live. It is very convenient for the coast, the city of Valencia (the metro starts here) and for Valencia airport. The area is very Spanish but there are 2 or 3 bars owned by English people where it is possible to meet friends who speak your language.

I bought my house through an estate agent, Barcel?, who have a dedicated English-speaking team and were very helpful, not only in finding us a house but also in helping us to settle into our new life when we arrived in Spain. You can see all about them and the properties they have for sale by visiting their website www.barceloinmobiliarias.com.

‹‹ COST OF FUEL      PROPERTY WITH SWIMMING POOL ››