Considering moving to Spain & need suggestions
Posted: 14 October 2006 10:16 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-14

Hi,

My family and I are considering moving to Spain in approximtely 1-2 years.  We are Americans from the Washington DC Area and living in Northern Virginia.  Why Spain?  I vistied Barcelona and a few other places and enjoyed the pace of life there.  And it was recommended to me by a friend of mine who was an Italian athlete living there for some time; he said Spain fits my personality.  So with that said, I love to be in a beach area but not with a lot of people traffic, but also not too far of a drive from the city since my wife enjoys the city life a bit.  We 3 kids but only my two daughters will be coming with us and they will be in the pre-school years by the time we are looking to move.

For me it is ideal to map out a check list and get an idea of budget for the initial move and monthly cost of living budget.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted: 15 October 2006 06:35 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Well zxubin, you have a rather time consuming question.

Look at all the places on the coasts. If you need big city then Barcelona, Valencia and maybe Malaga are for you (also St. Sebastien for that matter actually).

For costs, please see the rest of the site! We’ve covered real estate, apartments and cost of living quite thoroughly! Anything else, do let us know.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 16 October 2006 01:32 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-04

From what it sounds like i would seriopusly consider the Costa de la Luz, South West spain. There are areas with some of the best beaches in Spain and only 10 Minutes from the historical city port of Cadiz and only 1 hour away from the beautiful city of Seviile. If you want more info on where to get more info on this area and the cost of licing etc please private message me and i will tell you where to look.

Good Luck in your search.

Costa Luz