FREE Manual in English for Domo Hands Free ?phone?????
Posted: 16 October 2006 04:20 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-07-19

Telefonica’s help site advertises
“the complete 48 page manual is now available, free of charge via the internet from the Telefonica in English website”.

As if!

It’s available but for a price of e13.45 I think & you still have to wait 4 hours to download -
Telefonica’s forte seems to be high prices - certainly not for high tech’!

Can’t we just purchase one copy & add it to this site? I would be happy to contribute.

Angela

Posted: 25 October 2006 12:37 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, can you PM me with the manual and I’ll take a look at the copyright notice (not that I read copyright legalities in Spanish well, but meh.

Otherwise we can set up a torrent file for it and utilize the bittorrent P2P to pass it back and forth among us. Or, if we continue to repeat the words “English manual for Telefonica hands free phone” enough times (or whatever might be the keyword phrase you’d google for it) then when someone searches for it, they’ll land here, then PM you, and you can send it to them too! :D

How does that sound?

E

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 14 November 2006 08:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-28
The Expatriator - 25 October 2006 12:37 PM

Hmm, can you PM me with the manual and I’ll take a look at the copyright notice (not that I read copyright legalities in Spanish well, but meh.

Otherwise we can set up a torrent file for it and utilize the bittorrent P2P to pass it back and forth among us. Or, if we continue to repeat the words “English manual for Telefonica hands free phone” enough times (or whatever might be the keyword phrase you’d google for it) then when someone searches for it, they’ll land here, then PM you, and you can send it to them too! :D

How does that sound?

E

Hi I have sent you an email with the question about the hand book I have a copy and will email it you, it is a large file so can you give me your email address so as I can send it you direct? 

And yes its a photo of my ugly mug in my Avtar

Thanks

David SR

Signature 

I will go to heven when I die, as I have been to hell on earth.

www.vinalopotrader.co.nr  ews and information for British Expats living in Spain.

Posted: 14 November 2006 09:35 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Welcome to DOMO Telephone Manual in English Land. Now free and easy, brought to you by Spain Expat and Countryboy!

Download the file here, then say thanks!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 12 January 2007 12:03 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-11

Hi Guys, I have had a trax phone fitted today, not bad only waited 2 years!!!!.
Its a Ericson domo2, the handbook is as youve guessed only in spanish, can anyone help me out here?.
I have posted a thread on this site so yes it is the same family.
Thanks.

Posted: 13 January 2007 10:25 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-28

Hi Welsh Tourist,
If you look at the above post by Admin you will see a DOWNLOAD FILE HERE clock on that you will get the hand book, oh by the way I dont think it will be much use on TRACK phones ie the Answerphone section, but the rest is useful.

Good Luck

David SR

Signature 

I will go to heven when I die, as I have been to hell on earth.

www.vinalopotrader.co.nr  ews and information for British Expats living in Spain.

Posted: 14 January 2007 02:38 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-11

Hi Thanks for the advice but its the domo2 we have not the domo, its different. but thanks anyway.
I will keep looking.

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:58 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Here’s the latest updated Telefonica DOMO manual in English, courtesy of its author John.

Note that we can’t help you with billing or technical questions beyond the provision of this document.

Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2007 04:27 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-07-30

HI I have provided a free Domo manual in English for 2 years.

http://www.uktelevision.info/domo_manual.pdf

Signature 

Roger

http://www.uktelevision.info

Posted: 11 May 2007 04:28 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-07-30
goodhead - 16 October 2006 04:20 PM

Telefonica’s help site advertises
“the complete 48 page manual is now available, free of charge via the internet from the Telefonica in English website”.

As if!

It’s available but for a price of e13.45 I think & you still have to wait 4 hours to download -
Telefonica’s forte seems to be high prices - certainly not for high tech’!

Can’t we just purchase one copy & add it to this site? I would be happy to contribute.

Angela

Of course you understand that Telefonica in English is not Telefonica!

Signature 

Roger

http://www.uktelevision.info

Posted: 25 May 2007 08:09 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-05-25

Hi there
This is my first post and how ironic that,  its mainly Telefonica that brought me here !

THANK YOU so much for providing the downloadable instruction book for the Domo phone, I can’t believe I found an instant solution to my latest problem.

I was instructing my friends not to leave messages for me, as I had no idea how to set up a personal answerphone greeting, nor, to listen to any messages! 

My own experience with Telefonica was equally as grim as everyone elses. After an initial visit from some engineers to install a router, which then overheated and was unusable, I was sent another router, but instructed to install it myself or pay another 90e. 
errr….......Why should I install it myself, when their equipment was faulty thus was the need for the replacement.

I then waited three weeks for my replacement router, but I was charged from the initial date the engineers called, regardless of the fact that the equipment was useless and the payment was taken from my bank literally within days of the initial installation, it was over 260e received early in March, and now just 8 weeks later another bill for 106e received beginning of May. Considering that I also have a Vonage system in place also, that seems like a lot to me.

Do we also have a sample translated phone bill anywhere?  What a help that would be, but then trying to get through to an English speaking Telefonica operative is a mission all on its own.  I had to pay another 50e for a translator to actually order the phone in the first place. Try getting across, ‘the Telefonica transformer over heated within 10 minutes of your engineer leaving my house, all the lights have gone out on the router, my ADSL has disappeared and I am extremely cross’ in pidgin Spanish.

R.

I have no idea what the heck I am being billed for.