PAYG mobile top ups
Posted: 13 July 2006 11:18 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-13

Hello,

does anybody know of a mobile provider who does not charge for topping up, both my wife and I currently use Vodafone and are heartily fed up with paying fees everytime we top up, wherever we do it, garage bank supermarket etc.

Any advice appreciated

Russ

Posted: 19 July 2006 09:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-06-21

fyi, you’ll pay fees with everyone, its just a matter of whether or not they diguise them in the price or not. telefonica/movistar won’t show you the fees you pay, buut they are thhere none the less. same with amena. they can’t get around paying the 16% vat either, so thats what your seeing I believe.

I personally prefer vodafone anyway, you can get cheap calls to other vodafone subscribers and they have english customer service. hard to beat that for expats. oh yeah, plus vodafone is everywhere in europe, so it’s much easier to recharge in other countries and get better rates.

just my 2 cents

Posted: 27 July 2006 10:03 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-07-27
andy in Spain - 19 July 2006 09:17 PM

oh yeah, plus vodafone is everywhere in europe, so it’s much easier to recharge in other countries and get better rates.

just my 2 cents

Have you actually been succesfull in recharging your Vodafone card in other EU countries? I have had no luck several times I have travelled and would really like to know how to do it.

Posted: 28 July 2006 06:23 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-06-21

yeah, in italy. it wasn’t too difficult after I explained to the chick sitting across from me on the bus what I needed. i noticed she had vodafone too, so she figured it out for me…

otherwise go to an internet cafe and top it up online through your online banking.