Pharmacy in Spain
Posted: 20 October 2006 05:57 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-20

Hello,
This is my first posting. My wife (who is a Spanish citizen) and I are planning to move to
Galicia next year. We are planning to buy a pharmacy as this is both of our professions. Does anyone know offhand if this is a stable business (in terms of income) in Spain? I know this is a strange question, but thought I’d ask as we are trying to gather as much info as possible.

Kind regards,
Don

Posted: 20 October 2006 02:42 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

It must be a licence to print money - where else can you buy medicines/drugs??

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 25 October 2006 01:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Haha, yeah, although there are already TONS of pharmacies in Spain… yet even when you see two on the same block they both seem to be doing alright.

There might be a bunch of legal and regulatory hoops to jump through, I doubt it’ll be an easy process. You’d probably be the first expat pharmacists in the country, but I could be wrong about that.

IMHO, if you hooked yourself up in a touristy area and talked to the doctors in the area I’m sure you’d do well.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 October 2006 02:20 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

True! And the wrong temperature! In fact, why not having it show the time/temp in London instead!?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.