‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4
I Have Saved Spanish Inheritance Tax & Saved Purchase and Selling Taxes
Posted: 21 April 2011 03:50 PM   [ # 46 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-04-21

The last post on this topic was well over a year ago and I was wondering if there have been any changes, updates or clarifications to the situation regarding Spanish IHT and the possible remedy of gifting a Spanish property to a UK limited company?

Update: Since posting this, have decided to start a new more appropriate thread on the subject.

Posted: 24 April 2011 06:07 PM   [ # 47 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-04-30

Hello Justin,

I have owned my property in Spain using my UK Company for sometime now and all is running fine with no Taxes being paid in Spain for the ownership, except my utility bills and council Taxes which I do pay via the Company bank account in Spain which builds up my Directors loan to offset against any Capital Gains Tax when I sell my Company in the future. My Spanish Tax and Legal consultant who helped me setup the UK Company ownership structure for my property submits my Companies Tax Declaration in Spain every January but as the UK Company is a non resident Company of Spain then it is always at zero. My UK accountant has been my Company Secretary and Registered office in the UK and has been filing my UK accounts each year and no Tax has had to be paid either in the UK. It may be worth looking at my Consultants website as they have been nominated for an award in relation to their services and this type of structuring and it is a very interesting read.

Signature 

Kind Regards,

Westholme Corporate Developments Limited

Posted: 24 April 2011 10:58 PM   [ # 48 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-04-21

Thank you WCD for your reply.  Please look out for my new thread on this topic.

‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4