moving….but what first??
Posted: 05 May 2008 09:35 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-05-05

hey all!! right where to start, ok well me and my girlfriend want to move to spain lol but basically we dont know what the first step is, financially where sound however we are only both young and still living with parents so it will be our first time out in the big wide world, where looking to move over for around a minimum of 6months and stay in rented accomidation, and then hopefully try to find work while were out there, doing what i dont know but we arent really fussed. we’v looked to a few different places and still havent set on one place, we like ibiza…...anywhere with lots of beaches/bars….not fussed. any ideas on where we should start or any info we should be thinking of, it would be very much appreciated. thanks alot Jake

Posted: 06 May 2008 12:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

For Ibiza try

http://www.ibizaa-z.com

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 06 May 2008 11:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-03

Question is, how do you want to make a living? What’s your trade of preference?

Ibiza….?..... Fun, party, great…. but dangerous if you have an addictive personality. If you or your girlfriend are inclined to dig yourself into a “pit” Ibiza can be more trouble than it’s worth. I’d be cautious if you’re not emotionally disciplined.

BB

Posted: 07 May 2008 12:06 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

BB is quite right. Why not try Barcelona or Valencia? They’re both just a ferry hop away from Ibiza but carry much better job and long-term lifestyle prospects.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 07 May 2008 12:25 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-03

I’ve been to Ibiza and wasn’t impressed at all….Menorca was devine, gorgeous, non exploited, but slow as molasses….but that’s what I like. Mallorca is a happy medium even if I didn’t really take to it, but it paid well.

Canary Islands is another option for the english speakers, but I have no personal experiences from there.

BB

Posted: 12 May 2008 06:18 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-13

Hi,
I like Andalusia and specially Costa del Sol, I think it has all what you need. And it’s quite easy to find jobs here to.

Best regards from
Mijas Costa (M?laga province).

Signature 

Jonny Erixon