Homulgation of vehicles
Posted: 20 May 2008 02:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-05-20

Can anyone explain what “Homulgation” of a vehicle in Spain means?

I have been trying to re-register my car from The Netherlands to Spain using my lawyer and a Gestor. So far it has taken over 6 months, cost a fortune and now the Gestor has come up with the requirement for another inspection and “Homulgation” of the vehicle. What does this mean?

Any advise gratefully received.

Posted: 20 May 2008 05:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Hi Arlene,

This should not be taking this long - i imported my car from the USA within 30 days and it cost me 200 euro to do everything including Gestor fees - no lawyer involved, in fact i was told it had to be done within 30 days in order for import taxes to be waived! Sounds like the people you are working with don’t know what they are really doing. I know Homulgation is necessary and was one of the first steps the Gestor took to import the car, I’m not completely sure but i think it is a check to see that the car type exists in Spain and that it can meet Spanish requirements, any modifications that are needed though will be specified at time of ITV. Friends of mine importated their Dutch registered car - a BMW, with no problems and no modifications needed using the same Gestor as us. We are in Madrid - where are you based?
Ranpal

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com

Posted: 20 May 2008 05:33 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-05-20

Ranpal,

Thanks for the response. I contacted a couple of car import companies. Chris at http://www.carimportinspain.com and the guys at Holmes were most helpful.

Something is far wrong with the advice provided by my lawyer and local Gestor.

Now I’m just trying to get my paperwork back and do it through a professional importer. I’d quite like my 4000 Euros back too!

Posted: 20 May 2008 06:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Ouch! 4k that is very steep! Well if u are in the Madrid area (you didn’t specify) i can pass on the details of my Gestor. Good luck…

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com

Posted: 20 May 2008 06:46 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
Arlene - 20 May 2008 02:54 PM

Can anyone explain what “Homulgation” of a vehicle in Spain means?

I have been trying to re-register my car from The Netherlands to Spain using my lawyer and a Gestor. So far it has taken over 6 months, cost a fortune and now the Gestor has come up with the requirement for another inspection and “Homulgation” of the vehicle. What does this mean?

Any advise gratefully received.

think you been done there mate ....... some one adding the cost up for you and the Eu law Remember, EU law states that a vehicle must be registered in the country it resides in within 6 months of its arrival when the registered owner has resident status.
and Spanish law ...... If you are taking up residence in Spain and have an NIE number then you must re-register you car. You cannot continue driving a Netherlands registered vehicle if you have resident status

you have 24 hours to re reg you car in spain are it can be taken off you ,

and make sure you have all paper work with you if your having problem re reg the car
MAKE SURE YOU INSURANCE

Posted: 20 May 2008 07:09 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-05-20

Judyr,

Thanks for your E-mail.

The car is safely locked away until I can get this mess sorted out. I understand that even though I have done everything requested by the authorities for a very long time this would not be an excuse.

Regards,

Posted: 20 May 2008 08:06 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

I know it can take time to get thinks moving in spain but this is a joke
got a mate my brought car in from Germany and only tock him few days to get all the paper work sorted and on the road

some got load off paper work are that taken the piss .....

Posted: 28 May 2008 04:15 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-05-20

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

The good news is that I have managed to extricate my vehicle documents from the Gestor and have been promised the return of my cash (that hasn’t actually happened yet but I live in hope).

I am now in touch with a professional import company and hope to get things done right - and for a quarter of the price the Gestor wanted - this time.

Posted: 28 May 2008 07:47 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

will you pay me nuts here and i give you monkeys , that work hard and i even give you money back , but you have to fill out forum 1-110 - 1000110 both the red copys and blus dont sing the yellow ones yet i send then back to you at later date and need this singed in the loacl town hall that has a employ that over 100 years old with one living Mother are Father are both .... then i need you to sing a song . and you mite get you money back read rules 1 - 2000 and dont come knock on my door , just moved

Ha ha ha

sorry to hear that your Gestor may give you mone your back .......

Posted: 10 August 2009 08:37 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-08-10

I used http://www.carimportinspain.com to import a car from the USA and from the UK. No problem at all.
Didn?t pay any import tax either. You need to use a company like that which will be on your side and not tell you taxes are payable when they are not.

Posted: 31 August 2018 12:33 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-08-31

It is very hard process when a person imports any foreign vehicle into the country which we cannot see selling those in that country. Then comes the taxation problem their some good experts you can contact them through http://www.cheapessayservice.net/ forums blogs where they give you exact answer and help you out of problem.