A question about setting up a S.L. (Sociedad Limitada). Is my lawyer playing games with me?
Posted: 21 May 2008 05:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-05-21

Hello,

I have the following problem.

On April 2 I ordered company formation services from company which offers such services. Today is May 21, but I still don’t have even temporary CIF number.

The lawyer every day tells different problems. I had to wait for notary 1 week. Yesterday we visited the notary and signed all papers. The lawyer said that it’s possible to get a CIF number at the notary. I went home and he promissed to collect document with CIF number from the notary when it will be ready. Today I got mail from him that I have to wait for CIF number more time because I am foreigner and I have only NIE number and not DNI.

All information sources say that it’s possible to get a temporary CIF number the same day by submitting form 036. So, I don’t understand what’s going on. I feel that my lawyer is playing games with me.

Is it possible that foreigners can not get CIF number the same day?

Thanks.

Posted: 22 May 2008 12:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

It is obviously impossible to give you a definite answer but all I can say is we did not get it the same day and we have a Spanish partner - you may have read/heard that you can and perhaps it is possible but it probably varies by region and luck of the draw on the day. Sometimes you just have to have faith (as well as course as common sense and awareness) in the Spanish system - to be honest not many things happen the same day here!

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 22 May 2008 01:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-05-21

Robi, thank you for reply.

I know that almost everything in Spain happends ma?ana. I accept the spanish lifestyle, but in this situation I feel very confused.

Posted: 27 May 2008 12:12 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-03

As soon as you get the escritura back from the notary, you submit the 036 and escitura in person at the tax office. They immediately issue you a temporary CIF certificate. It doesn’t make a difference whether the director has a NIE or a DNI—both are valid tax IDs.

Posted: 14 August 2018 12:20 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2018-08-14

I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i?m glad reading your article.

Handless Millionaire  Snakeis balloons.io