Moving to spain next yr as part of uni degree-HELP!!!
Posted: 02 November 2006 06:47 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-02

Hi,
I’m currently taking a modern language degree in Spanish and German and next year I have to move to Spain (mainland or islands) I want to bring my husband and our 2yr old daughter. I am applying via the British council for a teaching place but apart from that I haven’t got a clue where to start. Where should I move to? Will my husband get a job as he can’t speak Spanish?What about childcare? I have so many questions. Please help? x x

Posted: 11 November 2006 09:26 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

If you’re British then you have little to worry about. It’s very simple for you. Maybe post another question about where to live in Spain in the living in Spain forum. That’s probably the toughest thing for you to figure out here…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 16 November 2006 05:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2006-05-19

Hola Chicaloca

?como estas?
So you don’t know where to start? May be with your degree you need to be in a large
city such as Madrid, I don’t know. Their are a lot of factors & questions you need to ask
yourselves, such as, will you be renting? If so for how long? What is your budget?
Will your husband have to find a job to support you all? Do you drive or will you rely
on public transport? and many, many more…............
I live in Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz Province, Andalucia & have a family run relocation
business, covering the Cadiz Province. This is a beautiful part of Spain to live in, we have
both the coast & mountain scenery on our doorstep. Take a look at http://www.cadiznet.com
and see if like what Cadiz Province has to offer! We are posted in the business section of
this forum, (Spanish Solutions) unfortunately our website is under going some construction
at the moment but if you are interested & would like a direct link or have any further
questions dont hesitate to contact me with a personal message.
Kind Regards
Paul