The Scary Move !!
Posted: 03 November 2006 06:53 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-01

Hi there, me and my boyfriend are hopefully going to move to Spain sometime next year.  We are thinking of maybe Murcia…..has anyone any thoughts on Murcia.  We are looking for a pretty place, busy but not overly and plenty to do.  We hear that this place is kind of forgotten about but is the next big up and coming place.  My boyfriend is a chef and a very good one at that so i have no worries about him finding a job but for me i am a little worried as all i have known is office work and i am afraid that i would need to be fluent in spanish???  I am learning spanish at the moment but i am finding it difficult….hopefully it will be easier when we live there.
Are there many english companies there that i could maybe work for?
How do people find it working in such different climates?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: 12 November 2006 09:14 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Snoopy,
Yeah, learning Spanish will be easier once you’re here, but keep at it anyway. Anything you can learn before hand will be very very helpful.

Check out the working in Spain page and then check out the job sites listed on that page. A lot of them are offering jobs for expats which don’t have a (high) Spanish requirement.

Good luck!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 16 November 2006 04:57 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2006-05-19

Hi Snoopy

I live in Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz Province, Andalucia, its a great part of the world to live. We
  have the costa de la luz on our door step, our nearest beach 15-20 mins drive & a little bit longer
  to the sierra and the white villages, lakes & mgnificent mountain scenery.
  If you dont mind commuting, Gibraltar is only an hours drive from Jerez and might be a good place
  to source jobs until your Spanish improves sufficiently.
  Have a look at some of the towns in the Cadiz province at http://www.cadiznet.com
  I am part of a family run relocation business, covering the Cadiz Province and if you find anything of
  interest to you or your partner or have any questions dont hesitate to contact me.
  Best Regards
  Paul

Posted: 17 November 2006 12:47 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-11-13

hey snoopy,

i’m currently living in granada although likely to be moving up towards denia soon…

i used to work for a real estate compnay called polaris world who hv their head office based in murcia.  although i worked at the london branch, i think you may be able to get something with them as they have very few native english people working for them…

good luck!

Posted: 11 July 2007 11:23 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-07-11

please could some help with my contract for polaris world,i want to terminate but they wont let me????
help!!!!!!!
i have gven them written notice in the 15 day slot????

Posted: 06 September 2007 11:54 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-09-06

Good Evening,

I saw your ad on the internet about you having plans to move to Spain and looking for a job.
What exactly are you looking for. Are you interested in starting your own company or want to work for others.
Or maybe even a franchise.
Let me know, I might have something for you.

Warm greeting from the sunny south of Spain

Erik De Wit

‹‹ Pharmacy in Spain      QUE PASA EN DENIA? ››