Health Care Valencia region
Posted: 07 June 2008 06:31 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

Anybody got any news on the rumoured withdrawal of Free healthcare for EU citizens in the Valencia region,

Quote from A N Other

“”“
All Union citizens resident within the region of Valencia who have relied upon health care under the provisions of Valencia Circular 1/2002, should be advised that the affect of this Circular was withdrawn, as of 5th June 2008.

It is therefore essential that such citizens so affected should forthwith seek private insurance protection cover. You will not be advised by the region health authority of you cancellation

Unquote “”

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 07 June 2008 06:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Thats correct the Spanish blame budget overuns and the fact that the UK government is not settling up with their share (they pay for the pensioners - who are still covered)

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 07 June 2008 10:07 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

This from: ukabusesexpats web site

Removal of Health Care facilites in Valencia with immediate effect

All Union citizens resident within the region of Valencia who have relied upon health care under the provisions of Valencia Circular 1/2002, should be advised that the affect of this Circular was withdrawn, as of 5th June 2008.

It is therefore essential that such citizens so affected should forthwith seek private insurance protection cover. You will not be advised by the region health authority of you cancellation.

Further, it is our understanding that those already covered by this Circular may be allowed to receive health care protection up until the expiry date, as indicated on their cards. However you should all check with your own health centres, since many may interpret this withdrawal differently.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 10 August 2008 07:40 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-08-10

Does anyone have an update ? I was thinking of working autonomo and believe I would only pay around 250 euro as a kind of all in contribution [That would be myself, wife and toddler]. I worked legally early part of last year but believe i would need to re-register as I have been away for over a year.