Salary comparison for Canadian
Posted: 15 November 2006 01:16 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-15

I am currently talking to a Spanish company regarding a position as a programmer. I am currently employed in Montreal , Quebec and I would like to know what my current salary would convert to in Spain if I want to keep the same type of way of living.

I have tried to “translate” my cost of living (me and my wife) but it comes up to 70000 Euros. I was told that you cannot make this kind of money unless your are a brain surgeon!

What would be the conversion for, lets say an hypothetical, 60000$ CAN salary to go live in Mallorca?

I know it is vague but I can go more precise if need be.

Thanks

Rod

Posted: 15 November 2006 09:29 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Rodcey,

You’re in Montreal? Well then for you it’s not going to be as much of a lifestyle upgrade as it would be for someone from, say, Toronto 😉.

Mallorca is quite beautiful though, and there’s that whole island life thing going on. Tons of German expats though, not very Spanish anymore.

My estimate is that a $60k CAD salary would be about a 20-24€K/year salary in Mallorca. Cost of living is a under half of what it is in most Canadian cities.

What kind of programming do you do? Just out of curiosity…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.