Architecs fees, is there a formular
Posted: 21 November 2006 06:41 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-21

I have seen references to architects fees based on a formula set by the collage of architects but haven?t managed to find it yet, any info out there?
Paul

Posted: 27 January 2007 01:09 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-27

Paul,

You won’t find it, as you must be a registered architect to access the databases of the various “Colegios” , + there is no formula set by by the regional Architect’s Institutes in Spain as there are no mandatory fee scales: therefore Architects can therefore negotiate their fees freely with their clients.

There are a set of guidelines for each Institute (based on the old mandatory fee scales) that we use to obtain a rough idea of what we should charge, based on:

- Size of project: the larger the project, the lower the fee as a percentage of the overall cost.
- Building Type: A 1m? Hospital is more complex than a 1m? warehouse, and that would be reflected in the fee.
- Geographical location: building costs and the availability of materials vary according to where you are in Spain
- Whether it is a New or Existing building.
- Level of Finishes and Services: A fully automated solar powered house with teak floors requires more architectural input than a basic refurb of the same size.

The Architect’s basic fees do not include:

- Site or existing building Surveys
- Geotechnical/Soil Surveys
- Health and Safety Project/Supervision (Mandatory)
- Legalization of Commercial premises
- Grant Applications
- Interior Design

The Architect’s basic fees include everything required to build the building in compliance with the building regulations:

- Structural Calculations
- Services (Heating, Lighting, Plumbing, Drainage, Waste Disposal
- Basic Interior Finishes
- Bills of Quantities

In conclusion, everything is negotiable.

I use my own formula, but if you have project in mind, please email me privately.

Shaun Pilgrem
Registered Architect n? 22310/7
Barcelona

‹‹ High School in Madrid      Adult Diabetic ››