Anyone here from Palma De Mallorca?
Posted: 22 November 2006 12:19 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-22

Hi,

I did a search on here and couldn’t find anything on here about Palma so hopefully this hasn’t already been covered.  I’m thinking of moving to Palma De Mallorca from NZ.  I’m on a British passport and I already have a job sorted out - I think..  I have been struggling to find information on prices for rental apartments - not holliday homes long term rentals.  And also the general cost of living, is it more expensive than mainland Spain?  Does it get way too crowded in the summer?  Thanks in advance for any information.

Posted: 19 December 2006 12:56 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-12-19

Hi

I lived in mallorca for the past 2 years and my monthly rental was about 450? which i thought was cheap as i earned ?1200+ a month. i unfortunately didnt live in palma de mallorca but i lived in the next county called ‘Calv?a’ i would say that this is about the same price as palma de mallorca. It does have alot of tourists in the summer but not too many.

My advice
I would live on the outskirts of palma de mallorca / calv?a i would get a Islas Baleares Bus Tarjeta and get the bus to the centre the bus service is the best i have ever seen in mallorca. Look in a few places to see prices if cheaper to live outside of palma then i would definately do so.

Here is some other things to take in to consideration

Best Bank - Sa Nos Tra or La Caixa (You can open these on a british passport)
Food Shopping - Mercadona (Great Food Cheap Prices like Hypermarket)

Any other questions feel free to ask