GOT AN UNREGISTERED MOBILE?
Posted: 08 August 2008 01:19 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I hear that all unregistered (when you buy them you have to give ID etc) mobiles are being turned off on October 1st 2008 as part of the fight against terrorism.

So you need to register them with padron and passport as ID with your service provider.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 09 August 2008 09:50 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ya it happen all over Eu so get ready for it
jurdy

Posted: 26 August 2008 04:22 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-08-10

I bought a Spanish sim card a couple of years ago and think I had to use passport which surprised me at the time. My question really if anyone can help, is what happens with these sim card packages where the phone is decoded ? Here in Bulgaria people buy a new card/number regularly due to the special offers and just keep telling their friends of the new number[If they remember]. Very annoying when they forget to tell everyone and then you cannot call them, but i wonder if that sort of thing is going to be stopped all over the EU ? I have never had to give my name here and could probably use a roaming number which is untracable if I was so inclined.

Posted: 27 August 2008 01:27 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16
ROBI - 08 August 2008 01:19 PM

I hear that all unregistered (when you buy them you have to give ID etc) mobiles are being turned off on October 1st 2008 as part of the fight against terrorism.

So you need to register them with padron and passport as ID with your service provider.

That’s bonkers.  I’ve got a pre-paid Vodafone Espana SIM which I bought in the estanco without any ID, although I’ve since registered with the provider in order to get free minutes.  Any idea if it will be turned off or not?  I won’t be in Spain for a few months and I can’t do much about it in Scotland….

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 28 August 2008 08:31 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Just a bit of a punt here - if Ok mods!
See my details on BT cheap mobile phone calls in Business Services/Section.

If you cannot be bothered to register (imagining it will involve some ‘hassle/red tape)..
the come to us!

We can supply a FREE new phone with SIM card and rates are just 10 cents a min! - Better than all the rest!

😊

Posted: 28 August 2008 06:20 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

can you do any cheaper susan have lot asking for cheap call to uk germany and sewden aswell

Posted: 28 August 2008 07:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Jurdyr et al….

cost from MOBILE to abroad landline/mobiles varies -
Cheapest options would be:

‘International Favourites’ - select up to 5 regularly called international numbers (land line & mob - NB Germany only - Sweden can only choose landline at present)
This plan costs just ?10 pcm for up to 500 mins per month (you can go over this = but will pay for each call made thereafter)...

Alternatively:
‘Golbal Fone’
Germany - landline 0.03 cents per min from your mobile
or 0.33 cents per min to German mobile.

Sweden on this plan - same rates.

Hope this helps!
Sj

NB Landline deal - switch to our low cost calls - and it is just 3.3 cents per min - 24/7 (i.e no time restrictions) per min (to other landlines - most European countries and USA included!!!).