eBay selling-business in Spain?
Posted: 04 September 2008 03:19 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2008-08-23

Hello…

Doing this can be a lucrative business in the U.S. I am wondering if anyone has experience selling on eBay here as a business and what the response has been?

Related to that question, do you have an idea of what might be some good items to bring from the United States that could get a better resale value alli en Espana?

Thanks!

Posted: 05 September 2008 01:14 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

E-bay Espana and segundamano.com are quite active, but consider selling through e-bay UK.  We Brits are daft for it and we’re quite used to the idea that our purchases come from beyond our shores - it wouldn’t put us off if you had a decent shipping service.
Just about everything from the US will sell for more in Europe, but you’d need to check out taxes. One area which seems inexplicably difficult to find and very expensive in Spain is old furniture and low-level antiques, by which I mean something like a 1930s bookcase or a Victorian dining table, nothing seriously valuable. These would be either impossible to find or several times more expensive than in North America. I think there is a market for it too, even if it’s only in the ex-pat community.  Consider that the mail in Spain has a terrible reputation, and in some rural areas it really is awful.  Check out courier services before you invest too much money.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 08 September 2008 09:15 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2008-08-23

This is a nice start, thanks for the tips!

Posted: 29 September 2008 04:58 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-29

Compared to offline businesses, the investment required to start an online business is minimal. A popular way of earning money on the internet is by providing information and services. This can be monetize by advertising or charging a subscription.

email for link (READ RULES PLEASE EDIT BY JURDY )

Posted: 06 October 2008 05:59 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-10-06

Hi

We do a lot of business on Ebay.es selling our tools and it really helped with the cash flow side of things, it has been a big bonus towards our business.

We have a good rating now and a lot of those Ebay members also joined our website. It doesn’t take too long to set your shop up, although you do have to pay Ebay, you can still earn good money for your products.

Good luck with your venture and if you need any further tips, let me know 😊

Signature 

Automotive tools in Spain. Spain’s #1 Draper tool supplier. Eveything from Automotive tools to gardening. Drag and Drop shopping cart now available.

Posted: 30 September 2010 09:20 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-07-17

Bringing parcels into Spain from outside the EU will involve tax and IVA on the total of the cost of the goods + the transit cost + everything else they can think of.  The tax is around 33% of the declared value of the goods. 

I’m really pleased that Premier Tools are doing good business on ebay.es as I think it is rubbish and I sell far more on ebay.co.uk.  Furniture is really too bulky, IMHO, but there is a lot to be made in toner cartridges, mice and other computer supplies for which the retail in Spain is 10X the cost in China.

The trick is to send to the UK and then bring down to Spain as you can see at http://www.citibox.es

Many Spanish customers use this service because people will not send outside of the UK.

Posted: 21 November 2010 09:01 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-11-21

I have been selling on ebay dot es for two years, my takings are 2000 a month going up to my highest month of 8200 euro.
I love it , the spanish are slow to pay ,but they do pay.