Trying to shut my Spain Telephone service from the U.S.
Posted: 30 September 2008 02:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-09-30

Hi
Trying to have my telefonica service shut down for my home in Spain, but I’m in the US.
I’m not having any luck.  Has anyone tried and succeeded? If so, what steps did you take.

I’ve called the 34 91 707 39 21 number, but it appears that they need to send a letter to my address in spain, for me to fax back.
I am not there to receive it.  How can this be done?

Help!!! :(

Posted: 30 September 2008 06:28 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2008-09-06

Did you try the “Servicio de defensa del Cliente de Telefonica”? Have a look here:

http://www.telefonica.es/acercadetelefonica/esp/4compromisos/sdc/index.html

Posted: 01 October 2008 12:26 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ask them to email two you and you will have to fax it back

Posted: 01 October 2008 06:26 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-09-30

Hi:

Thank you for the reply.  I have not tried ?Servicio de defensa del Cliente de Telefonica? - yet.
I did write to “atenciononline2@telefonica.es” and “atencioncliente@telefonicaonline.es” this morning, explaining what I wanted to have done and to please advice, but have yet to hear back from them.

I also called 34 91 707 39 21 and they told me that I have to put in a request for the shut down of service. They told me that they would send a letter to my Spain address formalizing the request.  They said I did not have to be there to receive it.  They told me to just call back 15 days later and that they would be able to shut my service by just providing them my DNI#.  We will see if that will work or if anyone will return my email from this morning…

Will keep you all posted.  Please post any further info that you feel would help me.

Thanks so much!