Disc Golf
Posted: 20 October 2008 10:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-08-17

Hello all,

I searched the forums for this topic, but did not find anything on disc golf.  I played this sport at home in the US, and was disappointed that there are not any disc golf courses in Madrid or the rest of Spain (that I know of).  Given the sport’s ease of play, outdoor setting, and relaxed pace, I think it would be a popular activity.

In order to promote the idea and perhaps actually get a course installed, I started a web page in Google groups (no commercial stuff): 
http://groups.google.com/group/discgolfespana

If it generates enough interest, it could be used to persuade the the City of Madrid to install a course.  Additionally, I am thinking of tying ribbons to a series of existing posts and utility poles in Casa de Campo to provide a place to play.

I know space is an issue, but I’ve played some courses that were shoehorned into very small parks and campuses. Plus, we have Casa De Campo.  If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know!  It would also help to have a partner with better Spanish skills to help champion this noble cause.

Thanks!
Brian