90euro charge when signing up an ADSL?
Posted: 08 November 2008 08:51 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-06

I just freshly came to Barcelona, rented an apartment. The next thing to do, normally,  is to sign up for internet. So I went to the phone house. Obviously although I see phone jack on the wall in my apartment, I know that there is no phone service available in my home. Phone house ppl told me that whichever adsl carreri I go with, I will have to set up a land line service from telefonica (under this specific name or not, all lines are telefonica anyway), which is charging me a 90euro rip-off charge upfront just to activate the phone itself!

I wonder if that is normal (I am signing up with the 20mb jazztel with llamadas and TV) for all the carriers or if there is anyway that we could get adsl internet and avoid this 90e charge. Thanks a lot.

Posted: 14 November 2008 07:25 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ha try digial + package
jurdy

Posted: 24 November 2008 08:03 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

Well that’s the set-up fee for regular land line. Tomorrow Telefonica starts it’s promotion of free of charge line for newcomers (People that doesn’t have any fixed line with Telefonica). It also delivers a new product that’s for people that makes lots of international calls, they are cheaper than normal rates. I received official information last friday and I’ll post more info asap.

Posted: 24 November 2008 08:09 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-06

wow super!

Do you have the link to this promotion? Thanks.

Posted: 24 November 2008 08:33 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-18
highlight - 24 November 2008 08:09 PM

wow super!

Do you have the link to this promotion? Thanks.

I’m resuming the offer and I’ll publish in the next days.

Regards

Posted: 24 November 2008 11:44 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

thank Pieter Vos

Posted: 26 November 2008 07:47 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-10-24

For people not in a hurry, wait some time for the Telefonica prices to drop.
The EU is looking into Telefonica, their prices and their monopolist situation on the Spanish marked.  They are preparing to go to court on this ... 
Telefonica is already preparing a new price policy and trying to get things solved with the EU without having to go to court ...

They are going (or having) to drop their prices.

Posted: 26 November 2008 10:07 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-18
Clav - 26 November 2008 07:47 PM

For people not in a hurry, wait some time for the Telefonica prices to drop.
The EU is looking into Telefonica, their prices and their monopolist situation on the Spanish marked.  They are preparing to go to court on this ... 
Telefonica is already preparing a new price policy and trying to get things solved with the EU without having to go to court ...

They are going (or having) to drop their prices.

Clav, right now the offer is 0? for setup fee, and if you get DSL its also 0? for the 1 port router or 39? for wifi router, i don’t see the problem, you just have to check a little bit the offers. Sometimes they charge you the 89?, but only when you order if out of the offer dates (afaik this year only 1 month there was no offer for free of charge line).

Regards

Pieter