Super Confused Newbie Question
Posted: 02 December 2008 12:10 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-12-02

Hey all,

I know this question may be incredibly obvious to some, but it is not to me.  Do I have to have a Telefonica phone line before I can get ADSL at a lower priced competitor?  From everything I’ve read, they are an unpleasant company to deal with. 

To be honest, I am not really interested in having a phone, or television.  I only want high speed internet, minimum 6mb download speed.  Oh, and if I could get this connected fairly quickly, that would be a bonus.

Thanks for dealing with my newbie-ness,
Z

Posted: 02 December 2008 12:59 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2008-01-17

If you don’t want a telephone you can have wifi, no line needed for that,  depends where you are. and yes telefonica are terrible.

Posted: 02 December 2008 04:36 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

Depends where you live you can have different options… but most best and stable deals are getting landline and at the same time or afterwards DSL. If you hurry, until 5 Dec the line is for free, and for 0? you have a router with your dsl, or 39? a wifi router.

... and telefonica is as terrible or as good as other operators.. I’ve got lots of experience with different operators and all lack on many things, and until now the only one that fixed quickly my problems has been telefonica.

Posted: 03 December 2008 02:03 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-12-02
Pieter Vos - 02 December 2008 04:36 AM

Depends where you live you can have different options… If you hurry, until 5 Dec the line is for free, and for 0? you have a router with your dsl, or 39? a wifi router.

What provider are you talking about, Telefonica?  I live in Barcelona, if that makes a difference…