Visa Requirements for gay couple
Posted: 08 January 2007 03:21 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-08

Hi there.
I am looking for some assistance with regards to information for a gay couple to moving to Spain.
We are both male and one of us is a EC citizen, and the other is a Chinese national.

We have seen lots of negative information on the difficulties in obtaining a visa for a chinese national, but are still hopeful that there may be a way to get it sorted.

Would gay couples be treated as a couple if we did our ‘partnership agreement’ and would this assist in getting a visa application done simpler?

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Posted: 08 January 2007 11:00 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

If you’re German, then perhaps you guys can get married in Spain. Then your partner can qualify for a visa de reagrupacion de familia (family regrouping visa) which would allow him to live in the EU with you.

Have you checked any of that out yet?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 January 2007 03:01 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-01-08

Hi there.

Thanks for the feedback. Where could I find more information about this ‘family regrouping’?

Posted: 09 January 2007 06:48 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Try out page on visas for Spain.

Also, I’d really like to hear how about the gay marriage experience for expats in Spain. I haven’t talked to/heard from anyone who’s done it so far and I’m sure the info could be very helpful for others.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 February 2007 04:30 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-02-17

Do what Elton John did…....