Average Greenkeeper’s Salary
Posted: 08 January 2007 09:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-01-08

Hi

I’m hoping to move to Spain but wanted to know what the average golf course greenkeeper’s wage is, especially as I’m reading that I need 2,500 Euros a month to have an average lifestyle.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted: 27 April 2007 02:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-02-28
beatty - 08 January 2007 09:56 PM

Hi

I’m hoping to move to Spain but wanted to know what the average golf course greenkeeper’s wage is, especially as I’m reading that I need 2,500 Euros a month to have an average lifestyle.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

I think that amount is a bit excessive but maybe not in the coastal area. I’m in the Jaen region where the average monthly wage is around 850 euros.

Posted: 27 April 2007 03:15 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

2500 a month seems a bit high. Mind you, depends on your lifestyle I suppose 😉

I work with kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms and general interior rennovation work, including many skills and trades and charge about 80 euros a day. Working 5 days a week thats 400 euros a week. We live more than comfortably on this in Granada province.

What you need to look at is the Spanish average wages for similar work. Contact a few golf clubs and see what the going rate is based upon your expertise and experience.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”