travelling in EU after Spanish student visa expires
Posted: 24 December 2008 01:48 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-16

Hi,
I have a 6 month Spanish student visa which, unfortunately, expires before I’m supposed to present my dissertation.  I’ve been told (by both the local authorities in Valencia and the Spanish Consulate in Houston) that 6 month visas are impossible to extend. 

So I suppose I will try to push my dissertation up and leave Spain before it expires - but will I be able to travel in other EU countries after this?  Does anyone know an authority I could contact to inquire about this?

Muchissimas gracias!

Posted: 27 December 2008 09:03 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I think, since you were on a 6 month student visa, that you could re-enter the EU and get your 90 days as a tourist following your current visa’s expiration, but I’m not 100% on that. It just make sense.

You might be able to contact your local police department for more info.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.