What are the costs/problems to keep a company (S.L.) open with no activity?
Posted: 04 January 2009 05:17 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-10-30

I’d like to ask if anybody can advise me on the following problem:

I have to go away from spain for 2 years, and I plan to come back, but since I have a company (S.L.) open in Spain, I’d like to know if i can keep it alive with no activity for 2 years. Or do I have to close it? I’m very new to this, my company has been working for only 1 year.

How much does it cost for it to be open? I just want to know something before I approach my gestor.

Posted: 04 January 2009 05:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I think this is possible and I would not expect it to cost a lot and probably cheaper than closing and restarting anyway but you must take professional advice. May also involve setting up a power of attorney.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 08 January 2009 10:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Katia, I am not an expert and would always advocate what Robi has advised.  If you trust your gestor or abogado - do go with what they say.
I DO know that regardless of your income/movements in your SL you are still legally obliged to pay quarterly ‘taxes’ and any staffs Social Security payments (even if it is just you in the co).  I don’t know if they do a ‘Baja’ for SL’s.. worth asking - but thinking not.  (And it might turn out to be cheaper closing this co down and re-starting when you return again).
You are doing the right thing by checking before you go, as you might end up big time out of pocket!!!
Buen Viaje!
sj