BRITISH TV, Broadband and Telephone in SAX, Alicante.
Posted: 24 January 2009 03:29 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2008-10-30

I am moving to Sax just inland from Alicante and need brit TV, a telephone and braodband. Can anyone tell me the best and most cost effective way of doing this and getting all 3 things.

Posted: 26 January 2009 10:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-01-26
Beverly232 - 24 January 2009 03:29 AM

I am moving to Sax just inland from Alicante and need brit TV, a telephone and braodband. Can anyone tell me the best and most cost effective way of doing this and getting all 3 things.

telephone + adsl through telefonica.
Although i’m not their greatest fan, they are the line providers regardless of which company you go with

In regards to SKY, you’ll find a vast range of people that do this in your local paper. Please note that to get the sky card you need to have an english postal address as its ‘illegal’ to have sky in spain

Andrew

Signature 

Costa del Sol property
Costa del Sol Blog

Posted: 27 January 2009 02:26 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

Brit TV, you will need in SAX, a min of 1.9M dish to receive BBC1, ITV, CH5,  you will not get CH4 except oon CH+1 ( same programmes an hour later). If you put in a 2.4M dish, this will allow you to access further channels such as BBC2/CH4 direct, and some other contract channels. but even these will be intermittent and in some cases not at all.  expect to Pay about 850? for FTV complete systems. Sky contracts can be arranged with or without UK address, but at different costs.

Telephone with Telefonica may not be an option on landline(Tracs radio phone is Telefonico alternative), which then could preclude Broadband, getting a phone of any type off Telefonica is tortuous and long winded. expect a min of six month wait if your lucky, ( saying that I know of cases where they have been connected in a week or so!!)

Other broadban phone options,
Local vendor with Microwave broadband connects, install about 260? and 35/40? per month, inc phone option, quality and reliability has been somewhat patchy, phone quality is usually pretty poor.

USB dongel on 3G, subject to coverage, no phone option (about 100? for dongle and setup,, monthly costs dependent on Volume requirement, reckon on about 30? for 2GB per month.

Sat to Sat,  install at 950? inc activation , then 30/40? per month for 2GB,  quality and reliability excellent, you can add phone services with Spanish number and Free EU landline calls for about another 250? then 10? per month,  (Various packages available

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 27 January 2009 05:49 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Also check the ads in The Inland Magazine (local to Sax)

http://www.timspain.com

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 29 January 2009 08:26 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-10-24
mike48t - 27 January 2009 02:26 PM

USB dongel on 3G, subject to coverage, no phone option (about 100? for dongle and setup,, monthly costs dependent on Volume requirement, reckon on about 30? for 2GB per month.

Where do you get that, 30 ? for 2GB ??
I only know about 59 ? for 1GB. 
I am going to buy a dongle this saturday, so very interested in this ...?

Posted: 31 January 2009 11:36 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
Clav - 29 January 2009 08:26 PM
mike48t - 27 January 2009 02:26 PM

Where do you get that, 30 ? for 2GB ??
I only know about 59 ? for 1GB. 
I am going to buy a dongle this saturday, so very interested in this ...?

HI the dongle is about 100? with a contract for 30? per month for 1Gb, but the system appears to not be monitored, and as they dont switch you off or cut you back it seems to be no problem, If you drop me a PM i will send the contact Tel number, I think they are based over in Villena or Castalla, so easily accessable for your area,

Signature 

Mike