IBERBANDA Problem
Posted: 07 February 2009 05:29 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

If you don’t already know, IBERBANDA is actually part of Telefonica… which is why the problem I’ve just encountered today is unsurprising!

I recieved a letter forwarded from my previous address from a collections agency called Yosvan Servicios Jur?dicos claiming to represent IBERBANDA, telling me that I have 48 hours to pay them ?124 from an overdue account.

I’ve emailed them to explain that I cancelled my account with IBERBANDA over a year ago, my account was up to date via direct debit and they assured me that due to the nature of my cancellation (moving to an area without coverage of their service), there was no cancellation fee required. Since I cancelled the account, I’ve received no further contact from IBERBANDA of any kind. Although I have changed address, the new owners always send any mail in my name, to my new address without fail, or I collect it from them. My other contact details are just the same, so they have no excuse for not contacting me otherwise, if they feel they have an issue to resolve.

Obviously I’m going to pass the matter and the letter onto my abogado, should there be any further problems, but it’s yet another example of the Telefonica organisations poor customer service and record keeping.

I’ll let you know how things go, but you should always be prepared to stand up for your consumer rights and not feel bullied into making payments, especially when you’re 100% sure they’re not actually owed.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 08 February 2009 01:48 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

are just say to them your passing the mater over to CMT - Comisi?n del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones
jurdy

Posted: 08 February 2009 11:55 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-25

Have sent a copy of the letter I was sent and all the background information onto both CMT and my abogado.

Will let you know how it goes.

The main thing I’m concerned about with this is that in the UK, be it right or wrong, contact from a collections agency like this could put a black mark on your credit rating, and again, right or wrong, was a pain in the bum to get it off.

This is why I’ve forwarded the matter to my abogado. I certainly don’t want something like this which is clearly wrong to affect my credit rating here in Spain. I left the UK clear of debt, with not a single credit blip or problem. I have thus far been free of debt or credit issues here in Spain. It’s just frustrating to think that could be tarnished by some idiot who has failed to input the correct info on their system at Iberbanda.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2009 02:18 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-25

I’ve never actually heard anything more from the collections agency, or Iberbanda. So I’m assuming the matter is now closed, as it was about five months ago I received the letter and a year before that when I closed the account.

I still receive letters and calls from time to time encouraging me to partake of their new & improved services… lol.

The frustrating thing is that I found the equipment they supplied, the connection speeds versus contracted speed, was excellent. I just needed to cancel because I was moving house to somewhere their service wasn’t available.

So I can’t say I was unhappy with their overall service, just the letter I received from the collections agency because of their poor record logs, or human error regarding data input that might have been missed somewhere along the way. I suppose using this as an example, it’s always best advised to keep all your bills and paperwork in a safe place, should such a situation ever arise. I always do just that, so had simple proof they were in the wrong.

Signature