Canadian in interesting situation needs help big time!
Posted: 14 February 2009 12:15 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-02-13

Although I have read every post on the subject of moving to spain as well as additional sites concerning the same,I still have a question if the forum members would be so kind.Here is the situation.I have been living in the Caribbean for the last 5 years and fell in love with a girl from France.We moved to Europe recently as she had a tough time living in Mexico and I promised we would give her side of the pond a chance.Although I enjoy France it is too cold for me especially considering I am a PADI dive instructor and would like to continue to teach so we figured we will check out Spain.We are heading to Costa Brava tomorrow for a couple of weeks to check things out.Here is the problem.From what I have gathered, if i find some work potential it is necessary for me to return to Canada to apply for a visa with the Spanish Consulate then wait a month or so and then return with the visa and begin the rest of the process.My question is this.Is it absolutely necessary to return to my home country as we are already in Europe and this seems rather illogical not to mention more costly.Am used to the bureaucracy especially after Mexico but is there no way around this.Please help as I really love this one and want things to work.

Posted: 15 February 2009 10:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-01-10

Hi there,

I don’t kow the answers to your questions bu I do have a couple of suggestions for you to try.

Firstly, are you married? Have you tried contacting both the Spanish Embassy in France to see if they can advise you and also the the Canadian Embassy - they should be able to tell you what you need to do.  I’m sure there must be a way without you having to go back to Canada to do it!

Kate

‹‹ New Life in Spain      Bringing Dog To Spain ››