Canadian… want to move to Spain PLEASE HELP
Posted: 22 January 2007 04:45 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-01-22

Hello all and a Happy New Year [2007]

I am currently a 25 year old Commercial Account Manager with a company in Toronto Canada.
I am extremely interested in coming to Spain [Barcelona or Madrid] to pursue a career in International Business.

This is mainly for growth reasons as I am looking to grow within the world of international Trade. I highly believe that perfecting my Spanish [Currently speak at an advanced level] and learning the Spanish Business Culture would be a huge step in the right direction. Plus I LOVE SPAIN… 😊

However as many of you have experienced this, as a Canadian citizen I require a work visa to be able to work in Spain. The problem is this; I am here in Canada trying to market myself to companies in Spain over the internet. And it is very difficult.

Any advice?

Anyone can suggest reputable recruiters which can help me?

I have no problem of moving to Spain without a job and seek one while I am there. I am in the field of sales and think if I can do a better job selling my self in person… but I think I should seek as much as i can before i get there…

I DONT KNOW ... all I know is I am extremely motivated to come there and give it my all....

ANY advice would be highly appreciated.

THANK YOU 😊

Posted: 22 January 2007 06:22 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey, sounds like you’re kind of all over the place here… you mention having your own business in Canada but you don’t want to bring that over to Spain? You want to find a job? Have you looked at the job sites out there yet?

We have a lot of info that might help you at the following:
Work Visas for Spain
Jobs and working as an autonomo
Other visas for Spain

Frankly your best bet is to start your own company here as far as getting a work visa is concerned.

Otherwise, check around the different job sites. There are lots of recruiters around too, but finding a position that will sponsor your work visa isn’t easy. Check the different Loquo sites especially, but most positions on there won’t be professional level.

There is quite a bit of advice for Canadians/Americans and Aussies on the forum regarding work visas. Do some searching on here.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 22 January 2007 07:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-01-22

Thank you very much… Lots of help… However I do not own my own business ... as I mentioned below I am currently working as a “Commercial Account Manager” for a company in Toronto.

But THANK you very much for the help…

If by any chance you know of any recruiters/head-hunters I can e-mail [individuals], please inform me.

Regards

Posted: 24 February 2007 12:42 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi AT, just to follow up.

We recently posted a new deluxe jobs sites page with a quite a few headhunter/recruitment sites thrown in there.

Also, I know you said you don’t already own your own business, but I was suggesting it as a way to break into the market. Start out on your own as a consultant or something… then again I’m not 100% what a Commercial Account Manager does exactly. Any luck so far?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.