Moving to Sevilla w/ kids: Is there a market for hip hand-made kids clothes?
Posted: 23 January 2007 01:03 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-01-23

Hi,

I am in the process of preparing to move to Spain in 2008 with my husband and two small children.  Does anyone know if there is a market for hand-made children’s clothes?  My line, Gooseberry, sells well at boutiques here in Portland, Oregon.  I have a distinct urban, environmental edge in that I salvage a lot of the materials that I use.  I am trying with difficulty to find small children’s boutiques in Sevilla, in hope that they might want to commit to carrying my line and giving me a visa.  I also have my TESL and experience teaching ESL, but have heard that it is very difficult to find work in that field.  I really appreciate any information that you may have, including names of local children’s clothing boutiques in Sevilla.  Any personal experiences w/ families?

Posted: 23 January 2007 01:13 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

It’s doubtful you’ll get your work visa via one of these boutiques. Why not start your own company and sponsor yourself for your work visa? There’s tons of info around the site on that…

Can’t say anything about the market for children’s clothes though, sorry!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

‹‹ Virgin Poster      Plumbers ››