1 2 > 
1 of 2
BBC Iplayer in Spain
Posted: 02 April 2009 02:59 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-02

Hi I’ve been looking at this forum foe a while now and i thought i better join as i just thought i would let you know about a TV service i have been using for a few months now ( as they are now accepting accounts - trial before)

take a look at very easy to set up and use and the best thing is once it is set up it automatically switches onto a uk ip address when you go to uk tv sites - it could not be simpler to use.

works great from my laptop from anywhere in the world

and this is you frist post ..... Thread EDIT by jurdy
Reason: Please .... dont advertise in the forums
can provide a solution from only Euros 9.99 per month by ads on the here jurdy

Posted: 02 April 2009 03:48 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-02

this was not an add there are other threads talking about other tv services for watching british telly so why stop my post

Posted: 02 April 2009 11:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

It’s just that we’ve seen this things come and go over and over. They get shut down because they’re broadcasting illegally over the net and those who pay for the services end up SOL.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 03 April 2009 01:59 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

due to you make money so dose the website aswell , so want a banner ads we do sell them aswell .....

Posted: 10 April 2009 04:17 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-04-09

I have to disagree with 997pto- I have been using Dual Viewer ( http://www.dualviewer.com ) for a little while now and have found it to be the best for my needs. Fast streaming and a money back guarantee - no fear of getting burned.
I tried some of the ‘toolbar’ options ect ect and got tired of the pop-ups and ads that come with them. Also tried the public proxy method, but who knows where on Earth the info you pass is being sent to, or sold to for that matter.

Posted: 22 April 2009 09:18 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

sfsilks sorry to edited you post but only way two get free “BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, CBBC, ITV 1, ITV 2, ITV 3, ITV 4, 4 Film 4, Four + is via Dish ,

tv company in Uk do not allow any one rebrodcast there single “RELAY”  is so you there person can be fine for copyright law .

last week we saw few , get fines and jail time while there computer have been taken and more action going two take with there paying customers .

think you link is for commercial gains , if any one two pm you feel free to pm them back with the INFO

Jurdy

Posted: 22 April 2009 09:55 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

http://www.granadakeys.com/how-to-watch-english-tv-in-spain-online/132 thats sfsilks blog

read paddys blog aswell

jurdy

Posted: 23 April 2009 01:38 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-11-30

How strange—I was literally just looking for a solution to this since I just got internet in Spain and noticed a new season of The Apprentice on iPlayer. If you can send me an explanation on how you got a server set up in the uk (e.g. with who, cost, etc.) I’d like to organize it so I can watch.

Posted: 24 April 2009 02:53 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
reggieband - 23 April 2009 01:38 AM

How strange—I was literally just looking for a solution to this since I just got internet in Spain and noticed a new season of The Apprentice on iPlayer. If you can send me an explanation on how you got a server set up in the uk (e.g. with who, cost, etc.) I’d like to organize it so I can watch.

Just google VPN UK and see the number of Companies that offer this service, i subscribe to one have done for about 5 months, now, fast, reliable, and good for BBC, ITV, 4OD and 5 OD,, (you can also use Zatto, which doesnt work quite so well, but is a free service which gives you access to almost all the UK TDT type stations,,, NB Zattoo, is no a VPN service , you will need the VPN to access UK TV online live),,, Low cost reliable in my view with minimum financial risk, (IF you PM me I will by return send you the URL for my service)

On the question of SKY dishes, they arent actually installed as that(SKY DISH) , they are installed as a large satellite dish pointing at Astra2D, what you watch on them is up to you, the only issue you may have is if they are encrypted and then you may be in breach of contract if you buy a subscription purporting to be in the UK and then subsequently use it in Spain etc.
The note below is interesting reading, but as yet not a directive as I understand it.

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/01/913&format=HTML&aged=1&language=EN&guiLanguage=fr

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 26 April 2009 02:57 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-11-30
mike48t - 24 April 2009 02:53 AM

Just google VPN UK and see the number of Companies that offer this service

I did look a bit and the least expensive I found was ?9.99.  I’m a techie for a living and for that price I could get my own VPS and get 200GB+ storage, 400GB+ bandwidth and theoretically could set up my own company providing VPN access to UK stations! I don’t think I will since I am not clear on the legalities of advertising a VPN as a means to circumvent licensing agreements.

My situation is a bit unique in that I won’t use it like a TV station—I just want one or two shows (e.g. The Apprentice, Dragon’s Den) or the occasional documentary. I have a US based VPS already and switching to a UK based VPS just so I could tunnel through it to watch the occasional program is too much hassle. Paying for an additional service is too much money.

For now I’ll hope that the shows I want to watch keep appearing as available using other methods (e.g. bitTorrent)

Posted: 26 April 2009 04:50 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2009-04-23

connect to a uk based computer via intranet, which acts has a server.

Posted: 12 September 2010 03:09 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-09-12

I agree with ukfan2245. I also looked at Dualviewer but instead settled on http://www.whatsonthebox.net as they too offered a 100% money back guarantee and for the affordable monthly fee also offered access to us programming.

We cant all afford a satellite installation nor necessarily want one

Posted: 01 August 2011 01:37 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07

But now the Iplayer is available in Spain….
BBC Worldwide have release “Global Iplayer”
At the moment it is available as a free app on an ipad.
But you have to subscribe to the service - about 6-10euros per month
And it is only archived material, not live TV.
In other words its a bit like BBC Prime / BBC ENtertainment channel, or even what you see on Dave and Watch channels on Sky.
This is a different Iplayer to what is available in the UK, omn PC or Freesat boxes.

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory

Posted: 01 August 2011 04:47 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Thanks for clarifying - so in other words it’s a waste of time unless you want to watch Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers etc for the millionth time….......and pay for ‘privilege’

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 08 August 2011 09:17 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

997pto… thanks for the explaination on your blog.

I see you have banner ads for Expatshield that I have just raised as a new topic.

Would be interested to hear your experiences (if you have tried.)

1 2 > 
1 of 2
‹‹ Vodafone Scam      Mains Electric ››