Dole in Spain
Posted: 16 April 2009 11:13 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2007-07-25

Hola

I have just been asked the question by a friend about claiming dole in Spain, I know it was possible years ago but what about now?

Thanks

Simone

Signature 

Scoliosis Support Network
Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 16 April 2009 11:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

I mention this to someone yesterday…

My advise to anyone that wants “Paro” Or “Dole Money…

Go to ELM or “Officina de Empleyo” Take “ALL” your Personal Documents Passport Birth Certificate DNI NIE Number of Social Security with you (Consider Taking a Blood Sample As This maybe next One day) and make sure you have suitable footware just in case they pass you to one office to another!

When your IN the ELM or Officina De Empleyo Take a tkt and wait your turn (If you do not speak Spanish you be in trouble so take someone who does!) once at the desk explain what help you can get if you have been working for years or months you may be untitled to something if no work you maybe entitled to something else.

Once you have been Accepted for Paro or What ever other thing they offer You be offered courses and Job interviews

Good luck and remember GO EXTREMLY EARLY some offices have a cue that is long as a village or a high street and they close at 1400pm in some areas

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Mac

Posted: 20 April 2009 01:53 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-25

Hola

Thanks for your reply but this is someone who lives in the UK and wants to claim their UK dole in Spain, they are not a Spanish resident and are about to move here, I know someone who claimed their UK dole here but that was 10 years ago, I will share your information

Thanks

Signature 

Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 20 April 2009 02:20 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Hola

Well All they need to do is ask the Jobcenterplus (Dole Office) to Transfer the claim to Spain…
They also do the Paper work needed to become a Resdient too Apparently.

But…

Tell your friend to expect MANY questions from the dole office on why they want to transfer to spain.

😊

Posted: 20 April 2009 02:58 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-25

Hola

Thanks again and I will let you know if they manage it 😊

Signature 

Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 22 April 2009 03:20 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-03-03

I spoke with someone in the NI office in UK to see if my dole (out here) could be extended as I had only worked 2 years in spain (which only gives 300 days dole) but 16 years in UK. Apparently all they can do is send an official certificate to say that i am entitled to the dole out here if they are refusing to give it to me. So in your case this might be what you need, speak with the NI overseas dept. they will be your best help. The UK do not trnasfer dole to Spain, they help you to get paid in Spain if entitled! I am led to believe!
thankfully have job again now ...phew!

Signature 

Valencia Holiday | Valencia Beach Holiday Apartments | Valencia City Centre Apartments
If you are looking to visit Valencia then contact us for all your Valencia accommodation requirements, groups and private parties catered for. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Las Fallas 2009 in Valencia - Information and programme 2009