1 2 > 
1 of 2
Telefonica in English ( TelefonicaInEnglish.com )
Posted: 14 May 2009 03:17 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-05-13

I’m not going to post opinions, just what I experienced recently

Filled in details on TelefonicaInEnglish.com
  Telefonica came andf fitted and installed ADSL/Phoneline

TelefonicaInEnglish.com take 125 Euros from my account

Telefonica, one month later take full installation charges, and monthly phone/ADSL charges from my account

I phone Telefonica - They explain all TelefonicaInEnglish.com do is type the clients details into the telefonica website

So I have paid 126 Euros to this TelefonicaInEnglish.com, for them to type my information into a website.

I was under the impression the 126 Euros at least paid for something e.g. installation - But apparently not
  I have also discovered a lot of the services on the TelefoniaInEnglish.com website e.g. 2 MB, 4 MB, and 10 MB don’t exist !!
  So I have paid for 4MB when it is only ever possible to get 1MB (as confirmed by the engineer).
  I emailed TelefonicaInEnglish.com asking for a refund, it was ignored

............. Make your own minds up !!!

Posted: 14 May 2009 05:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

Interesting - have heard bad things about them too on the grapevine…

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 14 May 2009 05:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

Good post.
Most people who live here know about this company,but many people moving over will be conned into using them.Telefonica speak perfect English and are ,most of the time very helpful.So for other people reading this go direct to telefonica or a legit agent who dont charge.

Posted: 14 May 2009 09:01 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

1 TelefonicaInEnglish is only a Agent to the Telefonica S.A.

2 Installation of the telephone line is free of charge! The cost per month for a landline is 13,97 euros. This includes completely free calls to landlines in Spain. Plus! Great features such as caller ID and a free answer machine service on your line! You then choose a broadband option to go with your phone line. You will then need to pay the line rental. Please choose a package below to see how much line rental you will pay.

Whether you need the internet for sending the occassional e-mail, downloading music or simply keeping in touch with family and friends in the UK. Telefonica in English has the right broadband package for you. No download limits means more music, talk and entertainment, while super-fast speeds give an effortless connection.

3 If you goolge there name you see 90 % are Complains for fourms website and so on .....

4 need to report then

5 ask Telefonica can you change over , befor you do that read your paper work you have from them .....

could u scan it and send to me love see there T&C;terms and conditions. ... pm me and i give my email address

Posted: 15 May 2009 07:15 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

jurdyr - do all Telefonica packages included unlimited calls to landlines in Spain at all times?  Thanks.

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 31 May 2009 04:02 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

The landline installation is not always free, depends on promotion and if they connect the landline up to entrance of the house or need to run the line inside the house.  The 13.97? month fee doesn’t include calls, calls are included if you contract dsl (dsl,duo, trio,imagenio,etc include dsl + calls + other extras).

Regards

Pieter

Posted: 31 May 2009 03:05 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Pieter Vos thanks for that .... been up the walls here .... please do not used this company ... there lot poeple give out about them ....

Posted: 01 June 2009 02:04 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-18

jurdyr, there are a lot of resellers and agents that unfortunately take any opportunity to get money without guarantee any service or informing the people of the costs, benefits,inconveniences,etc. Also a lot of resellers that just active any service to any customer to get commission, etc.  Unfortunately this gives bad reputation to the mother brand and distrusts the users.

i would recommend to anyone before contracting a service or even giving personal details like bank account, nie,etc check the company that’s offering the services:

1) Check the company has a real address (shop or office),  a cif number (tax id),  fixed landline numbers for voice and fax (numbers start with +34 9 XXXXXX). Specially distrust any company that has only mobile numbers (+34 6 XXXXXX ).

2) Google a bit about the company, and if possible give a visit to their office/shop,as most of official telefonica, vodafone, orange, etc agents need to have an open office/shop to customers. Avoid companys using free emails (hotmail, gmail, etc).

3) Before contracting any service ask for contract and terms & conditions and email/writen/faxed letter indicating the exact costs (Installations/setup fees, and monthly costs, also if there’s a promotion, how long it will be and the costs after promotion finished). Also ask for technical hotline, for telecom operators most of the hotlines are 4 digit numbers (like 1004 for telefonica).

I hope with this tips people get better service 😉  Also most of the companys when you call their official hotline and ask for someone in english they have someone who will attend you in english (sometimes it’s a bit a hard job to get english speaking online but they have).

Regards

Pieter

Posted: 24 July 2009 04:58 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24

I basically did the same thing. Completed the details on the Telefonica in English website and had the phone /router installed
by Telefonica (Spain). Telefonica in English charged me 57 Euros for what is described in my bank account as a router however they didn’t supply anything. Telefonica (Spain)also charged me 68 for the router and said they had no relationship with Telefonica in English. But how did I get the installation implemented if there is no connection between the companies and the only details I completed were on the Telefonica in English website?
Looks like I lost 57 Euros. Just beware of the scams out there.

Ceedub

SpainUK2008 - 14 May 2009 03:17 PM

I’m not going to post opinions, just what I experienced recently

Filled in details on TelefonicaInEnglish.com
  Telefonica came andf fitted and installed ADSL/Phoneline

TelefonicaInEnglish.com take 125 Euros from my account

Telefonica, one month later take full installation charges, and monthly phone/ADSL charges from my account

I phone Telefonica - They explain all TelefonicaInEnglish.com do is type the clients details into the telefonica website

So I have paid 126 Euros to this TelefonicaInEnglish.com, for them to type my information into a website.

I was under the impression the 126 Euros at least paid for something e.g. installation - But apparently not
  I have also discovered a lot of the services on the TelefoniaInEnglish.com website e.g. 2 MB, 4 MB, and 10 MB don’t exist !!
  So I have paid for 4MB when it is only ever possible to get 1MB (as confirmed by the engineer).
  I emailed TelefonicaInEnglish.com asking for a refund, it was ignored

............. Make your own minds up !!!

Posted: 24 July 2009 06:25 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Re-telefonicainenglish dot com…

How many times do we have to say this…

DON’T GO THERE

ceedub; if you only got taken for 57 Euros you got away lightly, normally its in excess of 120Euros.

Just search telefonicainenglish on this or any other expat forum and you will soon find out just how incompetant they are…they are sharks of the worst kind, and you will find that they never respond to any remarks made about them or defend their action (or lack of it) on the forums.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 24 July 2009 09:27 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24

Appreciate the advice. I just found this forum today so I wasn’t aware about the situation with Telefonica in English.
Cheers
Ceedub

Posted: 28 July 2009 02:18 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-18

Ceedub,  try to cancel the charge at your bank, just tell them it’s an unauthorized charge, also tell the bank to cancel any other charges from “telefonica in english”.

PD: The method is quite easy, get details from someone that needs a service, call to telefonica as you’re this person, contract the services as you got the details and then just charge amount at the account. Some others also act as third party unauthorized dealers and do it via official dealers. 

If you PM your landline number and NIE i can check who’s the distributor that requested your line.

Regards

Posted: 23 August 2009 03:07 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi,

Well, I heard lot about Telefonica english, you can get internet package deals which are available for the customers in spain, and in english also, this deals include free national calls in spain, so I think it will be beneficial for the people living in spain.

Thanks!!

Re-telefonicainenglish dot com?

How many times do we have to say this?

DON?T GO THERE

ceedub; if you only got taken for 57 Euros you got away lightly, normally its in excess of 120Euros.

Just search telefonicainenglish on this or any other expat forum and you will soon find out just how incompetant they are?they are sharks of the worst kind, and you will find that they never respond to any remarks made about them or defend their action (or lack of it) on the forums.

fb

You wanna blow your money away feel free…join all the other folks who have been seen off and are probably still waiting to get their money back…

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 05 September 2009 06:02 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

nimmysnv…Read the rest of the thread!

...telefonica provides lot of services, and it is a big company by the way?.

‘Telefonicainenglish’ is not telefonica…

Telefonicainenglish is a re-seller of telefonica products…

They are in no way connected to telefonica.

As with everything these days do your homework before investing any money anywhere…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 16 June 2010 04:14 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

John100…

Don’t know what the hell you are doing here other than spamming your dubious links. Links which no-one in their right mind would follow anyway.

Be a good chap and go distribute your spam elsewhere.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 27 June 2010 05:49 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

If you need to use Telefonica or Movistar, then they have information on their own website in English, or you can speak to them directly, in English. Absolutely no need for a third party to set things up for you.

Clearly it’s easier to communicate with them if you speak Spanish. It also depends on who you speak to at their call centre, like any large company, but they do have English speaking staff if you ask to have your call transferred to them.

Their customer service does actually seem to be improving of late though.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

1 2 > 
1 of 2