< 1 2
2 of 2
Looking for a cheap “official” language program
Posted: 08 November 2009 10:33 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-10-04

I can help with getting a student visa ( for North Americans).  It does cost 2000 euros but you get a 4 week TEFL course and certificate (if you pass) with the ability to earn around 15 euros an hour teaching English at a max of 20 hours a week.  The TEFL course lasts 4 weeks.  You also get 4 weeks of Spanish language classes ( 4 hours a day).  The student visa is good for 12 months so you can stay in Spain for that peroid.

Spain has an excellent gov`t run program for learning languages at an institution country wide called,  The Official School of Languages ( Escuela Oficial de Idiomas).  For more information see http://www.eoidiomas.com/web/index.asp , You can learn just about any language there, Arabic to Zulu.  I have a NIE, a Foreigner Identification Card, which allowed me to take classes for 90 euros a semester,  so it is basically free.  For Spanish they have up to 5 levels each 2 semesters long.  I am not sure if the student visa will allow you to enroll but I imagine it would. Foreigners on a tourist visa cannot attend.

For information about getting the student visa for 12 months with TEFL Certification and 4 weeks of Spanish classes you can contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

If you are not interested in teaching English but just want Spanish Classes with a student visa ( shorter than 12 months) , I can point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

Posted: 15 April 2010 10:45 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2009-05-27
Work In Spain - 08 November 2009 10:33 PM

I can help with getting a student visa ( for North Americans).  It does cost 2000 euros but you get a 4 week TEFL course and certificate (if you pass) with the ability to earn around 15 euros an hour teaching English at a max of 20 hours a week.  The TEFL course lasts 4 weeks.  You also get 4 weeks of Spanish language classes ( 4 hours a day).  The student visa is good for 12 months so you can stay in Spain for that peroid.

Spain has an excellent gov`t run program for learning languages at an institution country wide called,  The Official School of Languages ( Escuela Oficial de Idiomas).  For more information see http://www.eoidiomas.com/web/index.asp , You can learn just about any language there, Arabic to Zulu.  I have a NIE, a Foreigner Identification Card, which allowed me to take classes for 90 euros a semester,  so it is basically free.  For Spanish they have up to 5 levels each 2 semesters long.  I am not sure if the student visa will allow you to enroll but I imagine it would. Foreigners on a tourist visa cannot attend.

For information about getting the student visa for 12 months with TEFL Certification and 4 weeks of Spanish classes you can contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

If you are not interested in teaching English but just want Spanish Classes with a student visa ( shorter than 12 months) , I can point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

He’s talking about ttMadrid, you can find some other posts talking about this program. I didn’t suggest it because ti’s in Madrid, not Barcelona… isn’t that right?

Posted: 20 May 2010 02:47 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-20
Trevor - 29 May 2009 04:53 PM

Long, chicken-or-the-egg story: I want to go to a music school in Barcelona, but first I have to pass a Spanish test (Catalan, actually) I can study there without being officially in the program but I need a student visa (which I can’t get without the Spanish…Aaarrrghhh). So what I am thinking of is finding a cheap spanish program, and learning spanish while studying music part time until I pass the stupid test.

I looked online for Spanish programs in Barcelona and there was page after page of total ripoffs designed to hook stupid Americans. I am positive there are cheaper programs but it has to be an official, government recognized school so I can get a visa. Yes, I know I can do this all illegally on a tourist visa. I don’t want to.

Thanks for suggestions, and particularly links to reasonably priced language schools in and around Barcelona.

Also, any other crafty ideas for getting a student visa would be greatly appreciated. I’m an american but I teach English in Korea.

Instituto Hemingway:
I went to Instituto Hemingway in Bilbao before my hotel placement started in Spain last year, and I really enjoyed the experience. My teachers were really helpful and so friendly .
The price of the courses can be expensive but I feel that I got my money’s worth. The intern girls who work there are really fun and took us out at the weekends as they knew the city. I had a great time! Especially with Kim…. Paul, 21, France.

Posted: 08 July 2010 02:03 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-08
Work In Spain - 08 November 2009 10:33 PM

So you can only help who are North Americans, right? That’s too bad, since every other thing is reasonable. I can handle the amount of money. Do you have any suggestion?

Signature 

Hire Java Developer

< 1 2
2 of 2