To watch RTE
Posted: 09 June 2009 11:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-09

Can anyone tell me how to watch RTE tv via the internet or is it possible to receive with a smaller dish than 1.9 as I miss my home programmes.

Posted: 10 June 2009 12:15 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

radio telefis eireann has it own player on there web site , again i was used to recive it in spain , only there news and some off there home program can be watched worldwide . Copyrights ... there on the sly EPG . so what ever need to get bbc itv in you are you need the same size dish . radio telefis eireann as there Ireland’s national Public Service Broadcaster, serving the public there be free next year across EU rte 1 and 2 (network 2 )  Teilifis Gaeilge 4 sould be doing the same aswell own by RTE

jurdy

Posted: 10 June 2009 01:57 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07

yes, jurdy is correct…
the irish channels on the uk “sky” satellites are encrpyted, so you will need an irish sky viewing card
also, and most unfortunale, the irish channels are mainly located on a frequency similer to bbc2…which in most areas of spain, even on big 2.4m dishs can be “interesting” to receive 24/7 - in my area, just south of valencia, you can get them from about 5am to 5pm…south costa balnca it may be from about 3pm to 3am ish (these are very approximate).

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory

Posted: 10 June 2009 02:59 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

but free view next year rte1,2 and tg4 , tv3 staying on there ?sky? satellites are encrpyted but same as itv in uk but irish channel

jurdy