Spanish Language Schools
Posted: 27 June 2009 01:42 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-01-28

Hi all,
I have no idea what to do with August, and am thinking of spending 3 weeks doing an intensive Spanish course before I start looking for teaching jobs in Madrid in Sep. I’ve looked at a few schools online and they all seem around the same price 400-ish Euros for 3 weeks plus some totally crazy amount of money for a single room in an apartment. I don’t really want to take the course in Madrid, I’d like to experience some different areas of Spain…but..I can’t handle the heat of the South. Does anyone have any personal experience with language schools in the North, or in costal areas? Money is my main concern right now, being a jobless vegabond and all..

Posted: 17 July 2009 09:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-04-21

I can recommend my old school in barcelona
3 month 4 hours a day ca 700 - you cant find a better price!
would love to live in Madrid at least for some time also…
pm me if you wan the name of the school

Signature 

Spanish Schools in Barcelona

Posted: 22 July 2009 07:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-07-21

I know we’re almost in August (so maybe you’ve already decided?) I’ve been looking them up to… a friend of mine recommended [don Quijote]. It has a variety of locations around Spain and there’s a calculator that will give you an immediate quote (with or without housing…. you might be able to find it on your own), which location you’d want, how many weeks of the course you want… etc.

Mucha suerte teryndactyl!!

mad4madrid

Posted: 08 May 2012 02:28 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-05-08

Hi Teryndactyl,
I?m sure you found something by now but for anyone else in this situation I would recommend Inhispania. The school is in central Madrid and, although, it isn?t cheap (though this school is one of the better value establishments) it is definitely worth the money. It is hard to distinguish between them all because there are so many good schools in Madrid. I did a course at Inhispania myself ? both the Intensive 20 (20 classes Mon-Fri 10am-1pm) and then switched to 4 hours a week in the evenings (7-9pm Mon+Weds/Tues+Thurs). I found the teachers to be really personable and interested in you and they really cared about your progress. A friend at a different school hated her classes because the teacher would shout at them!

The central location is ideal - less than a minute?s walk from Sol metro ? and furthermore I?ve found it to be one of the more reasonably priced.

The type of students you will find is a mixture from aupairs and erasmus students to grown adults so don?t worry about fitting in; plus they offer extra curricular activities so you can meet people there as well as practice you Spanish!
All the practical info is on http://www.inhispania.com but there you have my personal recommendation!

Posted: 16 May 2012 12:55 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-05-16

Hello,

The last few months I spend my time living in Madrid! This was a good experience for me..Madrid is such a wonderful city!!
I came to Madrid because I wanted to improve my Spanish.. It was a difficult decision because their are many Languageschools, but at the end I decided to go to AIL Madrid because this school in located in the centre of Madrid, and the staff who works here seemed really friendly and professional.
I can highly recommend this school because my Spanish improved a lot and the teachers are really nice. Every week the school organises a lot of nice acitvities due to this I made a lot of friends which made my stay in Madrid even better..

Posted: 14 August 2012 08:33 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-08-14

Hey,

I can recommend you this school in Madrid http://eurekamadrid.com/ its a very good school and they also have accommodations in the same building where the school is.

Its in the historical center of Madrid.

Its very great.