INTERNET ACCESS WITHOUT LANDLINE AND ITS CHEAP!
Posted: 07 February 2007 02:14 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

If you did not know!!......and you cant get a landline…......You can now buy from all of the main players ie Movistar, Orange (ex Amena) and Vodaphone a device (they come in different types ie USB or a card to plug in) which works with a SIM card (which is integral with the device) and then you can access (assuming you have coverage!) the internet at reasonable speeds - better than nothing anyway!  I was sceptical (very British!) but I got one from Orange plugged it into my laptop and was online in seconds! I use it as backup if landline fails or of course I can be mobile!.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 08 February 2007 01:32 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey Robi,

Good call, you’re talking about 3G internet right?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 24 February 2007 02:36 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

If it’s a modem that connects to your mobile then it’s either 2.5G, 3G or (even) 3.5G… in any case you’re right in that there may be rooms in your house that would not be viable locations to use it :D.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 14 April 2007 12:25 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-04-14

Hi there

Is this any help to anyone.  www.pshbroadband.com