need advice on where to move to in spain
Posted: 25 July 2006 07:35 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-07-25

Hi everyone my partner, 5 year old son and myself are thinking of moving to spain. We decided 2 years ago that we were moving to Tenerife however this does not look possible now, due to budget, work etc. We are hoping to come to spain for a week later this year to look at areas and properties but don’t have a clue where to begin!  neither of us has been to spain before so we would appreciate any advice anyone can give.

i’ll put a list below of our criteria!
We have a budget of about ?100,00
We need to be near a school ( primary preferably spanish)
We need 2 - 3 bedrooms on a residential complex
We don’t want to be in the middle of a resort but not to far from the beach ie 20min walk max
Nowhere too rowdy but not in the middle of no where! a mix of expats and spanish people would be ideal
Well if anyone has any suggestions please let us know thanks everyone

Posted: 04 September 2006 01:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-04

Hi Joanne,

I have just seen your msg on the ex pats board regarding moving to Spain with your family. I wanted to e-mail you to say that i would strongly recommend looking into the area of the Costa de la Luz, it fits all your criteria and i personnally think it would suit you very well with what you have said.

If you would like information on contacting anyone there with regards to properties let me know and i will pass on the details for them.

Regards

Mack

Posted: 04 November 2006 08:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-11-04

Hi,

I have just asked similar questions (as no doubt most people do).

I thought the area of Cadiz was quite expensive? I visited the City about 4 years ago and was really impressed.

After reading the reply from CostaLuz, I think its an area that I will look into too.

Good Luck in your search.

Posted: 19 December 2006 12:45 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-12-19

im in a similar boat im moving alone ive lived and worked in mallorca for the last 2 summers but there isnt much oportunitys there. i dont know what part of spain i want to live i think prob madrid or andalucia. i speak fluent spanish so that isnt a prob but i want to get away soon im only young and if i could sort a job out i would i want to know what regions offer most jobs i think it will be madrid

Posted: 04 January 2007 04:56 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-04

If you are moving to Spain and don’t know which areas to look at I would like to make a suggestion for your consideration.
I have lived in Lliria, just to the north of the city of Valencia, with my wife for the last three years. It is a great place to live. It is very convenient for the coast, the city of Valencia (the metro starts here) and for Valencia airport. The area is very Spanish but there are 2 or 3 bars owned by English people where it is possible to meet friends who speak your language.

I bought my house through an estate agent, Barcel?, who have a dedicated English-speaking team and were very helpful, not only in finding us a house but also in helping us to settle into our new life when we arrived in Spain with advice on things like the social security and medical services. You can see all about them and the properties they have for sale by visiting their website www.barceloinmobiliarias.com