Moving to Spain and getting married
Posted: 12 February 2007 11:10 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-02-12

Hi all,

I and my boyfriend, (a gay couple), are planning to move to my partner’s home land Spain, sometime in the next year. I have lots of questions. We will be living in or near Barcelona.

First, how do I get, and what is proof that I am not married?

After we are married, I assume that I would apply for a visa to work, but I am unclear as to what type of visa that is. Does anyone know?

I am learning Spanish, but I am not very keen on teaching English for work. I am currently an office manager / receptionist and am very tech savvy.  I also have 17 years plus working the hotel industry. Any suggestions?

Can’t wait to get started,

Danny

Posted: 12 February 2007 11:39 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Have you seen our article on getting married in Spain?

Then check out the visa de reagrupacion on our visas for Spain page which is the visa you’ll need to live and work here once you’re married.

Once you have the visa then you’ll find plenty of opportunities to work in the hospitality industry… Spain is the #2 tourist destination in the world after all 😉.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

‹‹ Exporting in Spain      Weed ››