Would like to travel home by Car?
Posted: 11 August 2009 04:50 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-08-11

Hi,

I’m currently in Aranda de Duero and am going to be traveling back to Ireland in the next week or so. I would like to travel home by car so that I can take in a few sights on the way rather than a boring 2 hour flight.

I’ve noticed that many people move here with their cars and then they don’t know what to do with them.

I was wondering does anyone know of a company that transports these rhd car back to Ireland/England that might be looking for a driver? Or does anyone want me to bring their car (please note I’d only consider driving back a car that is fully legal, i.e. taxed, mot, insured, etc.).

Thanks,
Mike

Posted: 19 November 2009 08:09 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-11-19

the best option is go for a car exchange just as home exchange process is

Signature 

Holiday House Swap -  Holiday House Exchange online at Reciplocation.com

Posted: 23 December 2009 06:46 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23

Hi Mike! Im also Irish and living in Aranda. I was looking into swapping my car in Ireland for a spanish car for a period of 9 months. Ive sent the home exchange people an email. I havent heard anythig back yet. Have you been successful at all? Its a pity I saw your post so late. I would have liked to go with. Am flying tom now I hope - weather permitting!

Anyway do let me know how you get on with the house exchange and I will do likewise.
Go nieri an bothar leat!
Kirsten

The Travelling Rabbitte - 11 August 2009 04:50 PM

Hi,

I’m currently in Aranda de Duero and am going to be traveling back to Ireland in the next week or so. I would like to travel home by car so that I can take in a few sights on the way rather than a boring 2 hour flight.

I’ve noticed that many people move here with their cars and then they don’t know what to do with them.

I was wondering does anyone know of a company that transports these rhd car back to Ireland/England that might be looking for a driver? Or does anyone want me to bring their car (please note I’d only consider driving back a car that is fully legal, i.e. taxed, mot, insured, etc.).

Thanks,
Mike