Hola a todos
Posted: 17 February 2007 05:44 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-09-15

My name is Gitano, i have been on this forum for some time now, and read as many posts as i can.
I thought that it was about time i introduced myself and got to know a few more of you all.
I have lived all over the world, including Spain, and while every country has its plus sides and down sides FOR ME Spain has the whole package.
It has the people, the culture, the landscape, the edge that all countries need to make them interesting, vibrancy that you only really find in Arabic countries and passion you only really find in Spain.

Well as you can see i love the country, thats not to say that i don’t recognise there are downsides, i do, not least the proliferation of pasty white foreigners, fish and chips in a country that invented cuisine and the numerous vice problems that plague it, but as i said, these things also make up what Spain is.
When i left a few years ago it was meant to be for a few months, but life can be cruel and it has now been far too long, i left a gorgeous Basque partner and a lovely house in the south, but it has been without regret that i have lived the last few years and i am now in the process of getting things together to move back out there.
This process has not been easy, i have now got a British partner who has never lived abroad and is very nervous, but a few trips to various parts of Spain over the last couple of years have put some of the fears to rest, and as a result the breaks have now been taken off the train and we are full steam ahead to organise things, hence the introduction.

I am lucky in that Spanish has now become my second language, allbeit with a south American lilt, and i have a clear idea of what sort of areas we want to move to, but i will be setting up a very different tented hotel, that will combine my Middle Eastern heritage, Spanish style and English eccentricity.
When we have more info i will post some details, thank you for taking the time to read this and see you all soon.

Gitano.

Posted: 01 March 2007 03:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-02-28

Hi Gitano and good luck for the future :coolsmile: