New to this Forum but not to Seville or Spain!!
Posted: 06 October 2009 02:29 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2009-10-06

Hi,

What a great web site!

A little about myself, I have been living in Spain for sometime, first Tenerife, Adeje, then Lanzarote, Costa Teguise and for the past err 4 years now Seville, I say “err” because I had to think about it!

Reason for coming to Spain, well the oldest reason in the book, a girl, now my wife, got married a few years ago, in a cathedral in northern Spain!!

Currently the work situation is not great for me, was made redundant four months ago, but hey look on the bright side, “estoy en paro” and not doing to badly out of it, thank you very much!! Better than a kick in the testicles and being unemployed in the UK! I am looking for work I’ll post at the bottom a shortened version of my CV.

My passions are Lotus, the cars not the watches, I’ve got an Elise, with the weather and some of the roads around here I’m v. happy (I also know most of the guardia civil, by now, but that’s a different story) my other passion is photography, I have sent myself up a web site with the aim of doing weddings, events, portraits in Andaluc?a the address is http://www.nrgphoto.eu

I am looking for places to advertise, free if possible to start with, please let me know!

Cheers

Shortened CV
Work experience: 

2008-2009
BUILDING SITE TECHNICIAN.  Functions: 
  Responsible for Technical support for Installations
  Quality control for Installations
  Control of Documentation

2005-2008        
SENIOR TECHNICIAN FOR SUPPORT AND PROGRAMMING.  Functions: 
  Responsible for Technical support for Lighting, Dynalite
  Programming of Systems AMX, Control systems
  Responsible for lighting projects
  Design of lighting systems
  Technical Support

2002-2005        
PROJECTS ENGINEER. Functions: 
  Managing Audio Visual projects (world-wide)
  Programming and Designing control systems using AMX
  Computer Sales and repairs

2000-2002        
  Managing Audio Visual projects
  Design of AV Systems
  Purchasing components
  Commissioning and programming of systems in Europe

1997-2000        
  Responsible for large scale cruise ship lighting projects. (world wide)
  including Design, Programming, Commissioning, training of the crews.
  Electrical investigation into the electrical supply issues on cruise ships.

1994-1997        
  Managing, Designing, Commissioning Lighting projects
  Technical Support
  Responsible for Training courses

Studies: 
Ministry of Defence, Apprentice. (London) Two years of basic training followed by two more years in places of training.
Diploma in Electronic Engineering, H.N.C & N.C. (FPII or FP2) Electronic Engineering, AutoCad, AMX ACE Expert, Universidad de La Laguna Cursos Intensivos de Espa?ol, Full driving license.

Hobbies:
Cars Lotus, Traveling, Computing (Macintosh), Movies, Karate, Languages (Spanish), R. C. helicopters, Photography.

Signature 

NRG Photography, provides wedding, creative and portrait photography in Andaluc?a, Spain. All photos are for sale and commission work is undertaken. http://www.nrgphoto.eu

Posted: 06 October 2009 06:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

One bit of advice for your CV.

Play with dates, showing a change of employment every three years even on a good CV does not look good.

Good luck with the search in Spain.

Having been an Engineer working in Spain and being laid off, I found work back in the UK within weeks of returning.

I also married a Spaniard in Northern Spain.

Returning may not be as bad as you think, especially when you check your bank balance.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 07 October 2009 08:21 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2009-10-06

thanks for the info. My Misses is a funcionaria so she has a job for life! so going back to the UK is a little bit complicated for me.

Signature 

NRG Photography, provides wedding, creative and portrait photography in Andaluc?a, Spain. All photos are for sale and commission work is undertaken. http://www.nrgphoto.eu

Posted: 07 October 2009 08:36 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Its a great position to be in then.

The Holy Grail of Job security.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”