Cant cancel telephone and broadband with telefonica
Posted: 15 October 2009 06:03 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-01-16

This is crazy..I had to leave Spain unexpectedly due to family probs in the UK.  I had the service for 5 months.  My estate agents kindly offered to go through the cancellation process for me ( Iwrote a letter stating my wish to cancel).  Telefonica informed them that there was a discrepancy with my passport number so it was not possible..strange as every time I contacted them with a problem I gave my passport number whcih gave them access to my details and account. 
My estate agent has given me numbers to call, I am using the 0034 prefix but I get the mesage “this number is not available, please try again”  I have tried the number from the website and hey, there is a fault with that one!  I have tried international directory enquiries and numbers they give do not work either.
I am being charged continually month by month and have no way of contacting them to cancel…THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD>>THERE ISNT EVEN AN ADDRESS TO SEND LETTER TO!

Can anyone give me help on this, a telephone number, something?
Eleanor

Posted: 15 October 2009 06:08 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

Do you still have the same address in Spain? If you do cancel the DD they will then contact you.

Posted: 16 October 2009 01:54 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-01-16

Hi, no I left Spain, now in UK.  I have cancelled dd but obviously I will be billed every month, such a pain!

Posted: 18 October 2009 12:55 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

elly;

Don’t know if this will help but the number you need to ring is 00 34 917 073 921.

Also, on occasion Tfonica does have problems recognising clients from the Passport number; you needed to quote your NIE number when you started the account with them so they may recognise you from that number…

On a couple of occasions when I have contacted them, they have had a problem initially but on quoting the NIE number all has been sorted satisfactorily…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773