Lynfred
Posted: 04 November 2009 11:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-11-04

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me.  I have signed a contract with BT in August for them to take
over my line rental.  I am still receiving bills from Telefonica so rang BT today to ask what was happening.  Their reply was
that Telefonica had refused 3 times to hand over the line rental.  They say the details on the bill that I sent to BT do not
match the details of my line.  Can anyone enlighten me please.

Posted: 10 November 2009 03:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2009-10-06

Have you checked to see if telefonica has used your second name as the first surname?

Signature 

NRG Photography, provides wedding, creative and portrait photography in Andaluc?a, Spain. All photos are for sale and commission work is undertaken. http://www.nrgphoto.eu

Posted: 10 November 2009 04:00 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-11-04

Thank you for that, I’ll make enquiries.

Posted: 11 November 2009 12:07 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Lynfred Hi;

Occasionally, Telefonica have problems correctly identifying an account by name. When you took over the line from Telefonica you must have had to provide both your Passport number and your NIE number. The fact that they have all three references tied to your account can make for problems…

I have had to contact T’fonica on a number of occasions to report line faults (we live out in the sticks!) and have run into this identification problem having been asked for my passport number sometimes and my NIE on others.

Might just be worth talking to BT again and giving them any additional information, based on that which you originally supplied to T’fonica…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 11 November 2009 05:00 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-11-04

You may well be right about that.  I have just had problems registering my mobile phone with Vodafone
as they said I used my passport when I bought it and not my NIF number which couldn’t have been right
as I’ve had a residencia for 15 years and have always used that.  Anyway, thanks a lot, I’ll check it out.