I think I have now heard it all   ...
Posted: 16 December 2009 04:04 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-05-28

Today we stopped at the sea front Cafe Nabob in Benidorm, near the old town. The board outside said 1.50? a pint. Two of our small party ordered a pint each. The proprietor brought two GLASSES of beer. Phil queried it, telling him we had asked for two PINTS. The guys says; ‘These are our pints!’

Do you laugh or do you cry? Whatever next? No wonder the tourists have p***** off to Turkey and elsewhere. Can you blame them?

Signature 

Unskilled Story Writers Wanted
http://www.michaelwalsh.es/

Posted: 17 December 2009 01:11 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Same shit happens in Canada… except the “pints” are $9.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 18 December 2009 01:28 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
mike_walsh - 16 December 2009 04:04 AM

Today we stopped at the sea front Cafe Nabob in Benidorm, near the old town. The board outside said 1.50? a pint. Two of our small party ordered a pint each. The proprietor brought two GLASSES of beer. Phil queried it, telling him we had asked for two PINTS. The guys says; ‘These are our pints!’

Do you laugh or do you cry? Whatever next? No wonder the tourists have p***** off to Turkey and elsewhere. Can you blame them?

will want to name the place ? misleading advertising regulations of spain
note to the town hall and spanish tourist board

real dont need people like that any where try to scam ,

Posted: 18 December 2009 01:47 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-28

Agreed but there’s so much that is anti-tourist, some of which is higher up the pecking order, you could find yourself opening a time-wasting can of worms. I think corruption and incompetence is far too endemic in Mediterranean Spain.

Sorry to be so negative but I think it is too big a mountain for an individual to climb. Picking on the little scammers   ...  doing ‘Trading Standards’ jobs for them. They should be policing these joints. It is in their country’s interests to do so but it doesn’t seem to sink in.

If I were running things I would be checking forums like this constantly. You can’t put things right unless you identify them first. :o)

Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2009 03:17 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

so your just postting here then about it ?

Posted: 18 December 2009 03:25 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-28

Yes, here and other forums   ...  and a newspaper. I have enough on my plate trying to make a living in commercially dysfunctional Spain without setting myself up as a free of charge trading standards quango. You perhaps?

Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2009 04:10 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-12-07

You are doing a good thing by posting your complaints here and where ever you post them but you must realise and learn that many people are working along the same lines and spain is really not so different to aother Countries who are trying to imporve things.
  Rome was not built in a day !

Think positive

Any errors in grammar or spelling are pourly for entertainment of the reader

Posted: 18 December 2009 12:50 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-28

Fine, fair point. I love your signature; witty and amusing. I might use it!

:o)

Signature 

Posted: 19 December 2009 11:48 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-12-07

Feel free to use it whenever you want…..........I stole it myself !