Joined  2007-10-19

could tell us more please ?
jurdy

Posted: 18 December 2009 12:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-05-28

If it is an allusion to the number of comments I post then surely any criticism or remark should be directed towards those who read (thankfully) postings but don’t feel the need to put their own oar in.

This forum, like all similar, welcomes user participation but there’s a maxim: ‘You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.’

Best to look down the number of posting made by spainexpat subscribers. You could have a quiet word with those who, er, have made less than ten postings   ;o)

Come on, everyone. Join in.

Signature 

Unskilled Story Writers Wanted
http://www.michaelwalsh.es/

Posted: 18 December 2009 07:36 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

I have been involved with this forum for over 2 years and had 700+ posts against another sign on - I too have noticed the decline which I have decided is just symptomatic of the times - Expats returning home and those still here just tired of the same old posts or apathetic about the new ones.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 18 December 2009 07:37 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

will forun is two tell people about something that is 1 about the area . 2 somethink may help people out . 3 add more about some thing to Thread . 4 to give out about somethink

but there rule to safe guard you and the forum here aswell , 1 spamming the forum with Adds . 2 fraudulent sacm . 3 problems in area
and so on

jurdy

Posted: 19 December 2009 02:37 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I’ll just point out, further to Rob’s note (which I think is an interesting point), some of my favourite forums fluctuate in participation based on new information - something worth discussing. We can all shoot the shit and talk about how Iberia is failing to meet expectations or how to point a satellite dish, but I think we should keep in mind that these forums are going to be most valuable when, say, the govierno decides not to cover expat healthcare | changes (again, thank you Rob).

Jurdy’s news postings are great; they end up in my inbox daily and are about the only news I read consistently.

I’m open to ideas or suggestions on how to ramp up interest in the forum. In the mean time I think we can take solice in the fact that it’s a sign of the times.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.