Online Bank Account.
Posted: 18 December 2009 09:06 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-06

Hello folks.

At home I was fed up dealing with banks over the counter. So about 10 years ago I moved my money to Cahoot. Great interest rates (at that time!!), you manage your own money and no personalities to deal with. All this with no charge if you stay in the black.

Our bank here in Spain have started to apply charges if our account drops below ?600. I refuse to tolerate banks with this attitude to their customers, “we?re having cash flow problems, lets charge the customers”.

Does anyone use or can you recommend an online banking service in Spain…ideally offering the same levels of service as Cahoot?

Cheers.

Tony

Posted: 18 December 2009 10:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2009-10-06

I wouldn’t try Openbank, they do all kinds of doggy things. The last thing they did was cancel my Visa because I used it in Gib. when I told them that I was going to make a large purchase and had pre-checked that the quantify was available.

Signature 

NRG Photography, provides wedding, creative and portrait photography in Andaluc?a, Spain. All photos are for sale and commission work is undertaken. http://www.nrgphoto.eu

Posted: 19 December 2009 12:40 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

will i been doing online banking for few years now , fine good , but when bank lodgements , been told to do Quick log , but when i scan the money the bank wont take , so still off to the bank to log my cash wich i am get a charge on

last week my wages were 2 days late , ask the bank to told was the company problem .... and wasnt pay on day it sould be , well i know i had two do this job for few weeks as paymaster was away on holidays . Pay on the night befor we get them ... Banks done you love them ...

Posted: 07 January 2010 03:09 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-06

Thanks for that. Anyone any personal recommendations? And am I asking for a English speaking setup help??

Posted: 07 January 2010 09:07 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes many of my friends have been talking about their banks insisting on a minimum balance (sometimes up to 2,000 euros) otherwise their charges are astronomic - in other words “We don’t want you” (or at a price)

I use the online Caja Murica banking system - they do have an English version, but some of the functions work better in the Spanish version. But the system is very good. Not sure what their policy on min balance is as I have some small savings so they don’t charge me a lot for the current account.

Suggest you shop around and see who is offering what, and share with us!!

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/